Umm....How do i .....

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
XenovipeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Umm....How do i .....

Post by XenovipeR »

Hi, im a newbie at DC ...

my question is

how do i make my non-selfboot DC backup games selfboot ? Do i need to rip the backup game (non-selfboot) and patch it with BIN2BOOT? and then burn the new patched copy ?? if so ..is there any option that i need to check or uncheck in CDRWIN or any other burning program that i need in order to make a correct image ??

Anyone who has the proper guide on how to do the conversion please share ur knowledge here .. thanx in advance ~ :D
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

If your new then you can be forgiven about making a post about a ""WAREZ"" DC backup game.

This site aint about warez, its about LEGAL emulators and homebrew software for the Dreamcast.

I suggest that you ask that question at a WAREZ forum because no-one here will answer it for you.
XenovipeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by XenovipeR »

arh okay ...
sorry bout dat

how about i rephrase the question ...

I have made a Quake DC (emulation development copy) with selfboot ability .. and i would like to make another copy of this game by copying out the image from the CD to HD so that i can make another copy of it ...
is it possible ? if so ... how do i do it ? what software do i use and any options that i need to check or uncheck ?

thanks
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

A program called "Clone CD" makes exact copies of CD's (sorry dont know the link, run a search on it).

It creates an image on your hard disk (usually about 900MB) and copies all the cd's data to that image, so you can make as many copies of your LEGAL DC software as you want!

BTW that answer won't help you on the question that you posted above about the backup games.
XenovipeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by XenovipeR »

LOL... and i dont know y u bother replying to it ~
:roll: