Metroid Prime & Starfox Adventures only $20 USD!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Metroid Prime & Starfox Adventures only $20 USD!

Post by Chaniyth »

At Wal-Mart, Metroid Prime, and Starfox Adventures is only $20 USD!!! Yes, that's right only $20 each! Brand new! :mrgreen:

So if you have a Gamecube, want these 2 games, and have a Wal-Mart close by, go pick 'em up, before it's too late! :-D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I don't partuclarly like Metroid Prime, but its a high quality game.

Starfox Adventures is very mediocre though.
Get Eternal Darkness instead.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Starfox Adventures is very mediocre though.
I think Starfox Adventures is great. It's my 2nd favourite gamecube game so far (Zelda being number one). I think it's much better than Mario Sunshine, for example. To each his own I guess. :)
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

hey thats great 20 bucks for a crap game and one i already beat :wink: I jest, for those of you who havent played Metroid prime you should buy it, or get eternal darkness brand new for 15 bucks...see how i didnt mention starfox adventures?
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I don't get why people diss Starfox Adventures... I happen to love the entire series.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Re: Metroid Prime & Starfox Adventures only $20 USD!

Post by crazyrom »

Q-Bix wrote:At Wal-Mart, Metroid Prime, and Starfox Adventures is only $20 USD!!! Yes, that's right only $20 each! Brand new! :mrgreen:

So if you have a Gamecube, want these 2 games, and have a Wal-Mart close by, go pick 'em up, before it's too late! :-D
I always wanted metroid prime but i'm cheap but for $20 i cant pass that up. :D
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Q-Bix wrote:I don't get why people diss Starfox Adventures... I happen to love the entire series.
Because in the change to a GC Starfox game it lost something
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Phantom wrote:
I think Starfox Adventures is great. It's my 2nd favourite gamecube game so far (Zelda being number one). I think it's much better than Mario Sunshine, for example. To each his own I guess. :)
I liked it to begin with, but its... I really can't put my finger on it, other than its extreme linearity... I dunno.
It just felt like a really poor and unimaginitive attempt to copy the Zelda games but without any of the little touches that make zelda great :?

Which is odd, because Rare are pretty good at 'the little touches' usually.
Q-Bix wrote:I don't get why people diss Starfox Adventures... I happen to love the entire series.
I felt the first game was over-rated (although put in many hours playing it on my SNES), loved the second game on N64 (all gold medals on every planet 8-) ) and felt it was slightly underrated by people, but SFA is blatantly a different game with the starfox franchise tacked on.

The flying between bits of the planet sequences just made me miss Lylat Wars with its 'shield rolls' and loops and stuff
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Phantom wrote:
I liked it to begin with, but its... I really can't put my finger on it, other than its extreme linearity... I dunno.
It just felt like a really poor and unimaginitive attempt to copy the Zelda games but without any of the little touches that make zelda great :?

Which is odd, because Rare are pretty good at 'the little touches' usually.
I felt the first game was over-rated (although put in many hours playing it on my SNES), loved the second game on N64 (all gold medals on every planet 8-) ) and felt it was slightly underrated by people, but SFA is blatantly a different game with the starfox franchise tacked on.
Indeed it seemed better as Dinosaur Planet on the N64
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I liked it to begin with, but its... I really can't put my finger on it, other than its extreme linearity... I dunno.
Well, I did say I liked Zelda better. ;) But compared to Mario Sunshine, I prefer Starfox Adventures. I don't think I've ever really enjoyed any Mario game though.. so it's probably just me. It's odd because I like platform games, like Sonic, Rayman, and also the Wario series on gameboy (I haven't played the cube game yet). But for some reason I've never really liked any of the Mario games. No idea why.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I've never really liked Mario games either - they just bore me. The whole SMB1, 2 and 3 just play like generic platform games, as do SML1 and SML2 on the Gameboy (although SML2 isn't bad, it's just not great). Mario 64 was basically generic 3D platform game, Mario Sunshime was an improvement, but I still don't find it that interesting.

It could be that I'd already played a lot of platform games (both 2D and 3D) before I'd played any of the above, so there was nothing new.

The only Mario games I liked were the Super Mario World series on the SNES. Yoshi's Island has to be one of the best SNES games I've played, and Super Mario World manages to be a good game too. Oddly, neither of them seem like another generic platform game - they have enough unique material to be interesting (especially Yoshi's Island).
gamedudex
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamedudex »

BlackAura wrote:I've never really liked Mario games either - they just bore me. The whole SMB1, 2 and 3 just play like generic platform games, as do SML1 and SML2 on the Gameboy (although SML2 isn't bad, it's just not great). Mario 64 was basically generic 3D platform game, Mario Sunshime was an improvement, but I still don't find it that interesting.

It could be that I'd already played a lot of platform games (both 2D and 3D) before I'd played any of the above, so there was nothing new.

The only Mario games I liked were the Super Mario World series on the SNES. Yoshi's Island has to be one of the best SNES games I've played, and Super Mario World manages to be a good game too. Oddly, neither of them seem like another generic platform game - they have enough unique material to be interesting (especially Yoshi's Island).
generic wow you on some serious crack... mario owns dude..

they are the most original platformers around

each game always takes a huge step forward..

mario 64 = generic 3d platformer .. hahaha that was funny..

you joking right. and super mario bros 1-3 = generic 2d platformer wow , you must need to seek serious help fast.

"please somebody call my momma" ernerst the cat miller : WCW
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

I had a great time with Starfox Adventures. I felt kind of guilty that I enjoyed the game since most people didn't like it too much I guess the standards for a Starfox games are unbelievably high. I think everyone should play through it once It's one of the best looking GC games. Some of the parts at the end were kind of disappointing.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I don't partuclarly like Metroid Prime, but its a high quality game.
whats it like.. prime that is.. I'm planning on getting a gc here soon.. wanna pick up a few games for it aswell.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Random_Troll wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:I don't partuclarly like Metroid Prime, but its a high quality game.
whats it like.. prime that is.. I'm planning on getting a gc here soon.. wanna pick up a few games for it aswell.
Its NOT an FPS. Which is my major problem with it, because that's what I wanted.

Imagine Half Life with better jumping, but having to hit a button to aim at enemies. I say Half Life, because Half Life is notorious for having lots of 'jump from crate to crate' (or in this case ledge to ledge) and 'run along ledge over toxic pool' parts, which is basically the entire game of MP.
So in a room full of enemies youre hitting the 'lock' button almost as much as you're hitting fire.

Its probably better than I have described it, and its clearly a quality game from the fact the graphics are excellent, and there is zero loading times no matter how many rooms / big an open area / number of enemies there are in an area (which is impressive in of itself: SFA also does this very well) I just wanted a more traditional 'aim and fire' type game (although this would have made Metroid Prime even harder than it is).

I also found it extremely difficult, although apparently the difficulty level was ramped up for the european release after complaints it was too easy in the US - I would have preferred it to be easier :x
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

gamedudex wrote:generic wow you on some serious crack... mario owns dude..

they are the most original platformers around

each game always takes a huge step forward..

mario 64 = generic 3d platformer .. hahaha that was funny..

you joking right. and super mario bros 1-3 = generic 2d platformer wow , you must need to seek serious help fast.
No, I'm serious. They're boring. Especially Mario 64, which is yet another third person running around aimlessly game, which are considerably worse than generic 2D platform games.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
Its NOT an FPS. Which is my major problem with it, because that's what I wanted.

Imagine Half Life with better jumping, but having to hit a button to aim at enemies. I say Half Life, because Half Life is notorious for having lots of 'jump from crate to crate' (or in this case ledge to ledge) and 'run along ledge over toxic pool' parts, which is basically the entire game of MP.
So in a room full of enemies youre hitting the 'lock' button almost as much as you're hitting fire.

Its probably better than I have described it, and its clearly a quality game from the fact the graphics are excellent, and there is zero loading times no matter how many rooms / big an open area / number of enemies there are in an area (which is impressive in of itself: SFA also does this very well) I just wanted a more traditional 'aim and fire' type game (although this would have made Metroid Prime even harder than it is).

I also found it extremely difficult, although apparently the difficulty level was ramped up for the european release after complaints it was too easy in the US - I would have preferred it to be easier :x
hrm.. thanks .. guess I'll rent first heh
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

I've been playing Metroid Prime lately and I'm about 25% through. It's a very good game. The enemies and bosses have been easy so far. The game is more about exploring, finding upgrades etc. If you're not making any progress the game will point out the place you need to go to on the map. I really like this because it prevents frustration caused by not knowing where to go next (the world is basically one huge area, except for the tutorial).
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

the games you mentioned have gone to $50 in aud at most stores and so has ssbm which is so cool and the cube is now $199 aud as soon as i save that much money i might get one :D
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Actually what I like about it is that it's not a FPS even though it keeps the first person perspective. It's more of a First Person Adventure game. I can't explain the difference, except that there is a subtle nuance between them like Nyar said.
Retro Studios did a great job on it, no doubt about that.
No signature.