Borland C++ and DC

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Borland C++ and DC

Post by MystiK »

can u use borland c++ to develop DC apps?
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

You could try. ADDENDDUM: see directions for using MSVC++
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
Vorrtexx
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vorrtexx »

I think I gave this a quick try a couple of weeks back, cos in Borland, you can specify the include paths, and lib paths like Dev-C++, which I couldn't find the option in MSVC.
I didn't have the time to set it up right but I'm sure its possible. if you could just link the borland compile to the makefile.

the main reason I wanted to do it with Borland is because of the predictive function typing, where as you type the functions that match the incompleted name will pop-up. it would save time from looking up the H files of a lot of libraries to see what was available. as far as I know, this is available in Dev-C++, but it only works for the C/H files that you've added to the project, and not the include files referenced.