FF 3/6 - Help Me Please

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FF 3/6 - Help Me Please

Post by FlamingBee »

Firstly i'm going to start by saying this game kicks ass, and if you haven't played it then do. Secondly i'm going to beg for help because i'm kinda stuck on it. I'm trying to find a guy call Umaro in the WoR (World of Ruin) but i can't find the "icefield" that i am meant to battel him on. If someone could post directions that would be great. Also i have made the grevious mistake of not waiting for Shadow and so now i can't get him in my party :( This normally wouldn't matter too much but i have heard that he has a load of dreams and an epilogue at the end of the game and so i really feel like i've missed something from the game. Does anyone have a Zsnes/Snes 9X/Snes Emulator of any sort savegame with shodow in their party, so i can see his dreams without having to go through the entire game again. Help in this would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, and as a final question, what is everyones favourite character(s). Personally i like Locke, Sabin and Shadow.
GolbeZeromus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by GolbeZeromus »

My favorite chars are also Sabin, Shadow. I also like Edgar and Locke. Gau, Strago, Relm and Umaro are my least characters. About shadow, I think you do not want to see his dreams, they are not that interesting IMO. Umaro can be found in the mines of Narshe if I am not mistaken. Also, prepare yourself for a dull ending when you are finished.
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

GOGO ALL THE TIME!
The super mime!
I'll create a monument to non-existance! -Kefka, FFVI
http://www.auritech.com
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

The dreams are just a relatively minor insight into Shadow's past. The only thing revealed in them that's really significant at all is hinted at by a couple other things, one of them obvious enough (if you see it) that it would probably be considered a spoiler to point it out.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Cyan is the best! Especially with the genji gloves and the other relic that let's you attack 4 times per weapon! As GolbeZeromus said The "ice field" is through the north exist in Narshe (or whatever the very first town is called). The place where you first go with Wedge and Biggs at the very beginning of the game. I believe you will get to jump off the "cliff" to go fight him. It's been awile...
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

Ok, i guess it wouldn't hurt to look again. Is it further north from where i get Mog, or is that entirely the wrong direction?
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Probably, I don't remember when you get Mog, but have him in your party when you meet Umaro. Did you get the esper that was Frozen at the beginning (Tritoch, or something like that)? After obtaining Tritoch you should be able to jump off the cliff into more underground caves, explore them and eventually you will encounter Umaro.
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

Errm do i need to do something specific before i can get Tritoch, because i can't find that either. Is that in the same place as it was at the start of the game where you go with Wedge, Biggs and Terra?

P.S Gogo rules tbh

:Edit: Scratch that, i've found where to go now. It appears i had to turn right in the very first section of the mines.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

Stay away from RPG's if you're stuck in a game that's this straight forward :D

i believe umaru is in the first town, where there is an icefield, forgot the name, i havent played this for years..
You should just look at gamefaqs.com for a FF3 walkthrough.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

i believe umaru is in the first town, where there is an icefield, forgot the name, i havent played this for years..
I knew that, i just couldn't find the damned thing (its in a stupid side passage - fairly obvious once i saw it but...)
You should just look at gamefaqs.com for a FF3 walkthrough.
Already had. All it told me to do was to "go north" to the icefield, rather than "go right then north"

And i play loads of RPG's. I have completed/got far/played almost all snes rpg's, plus most PC ones. You could say i'm a bit of an RPG whore tbh.