Favorite DC 2D Fighting Game?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Favorite 2D DC Fighting Game?

SF 2 X/ SGA SF 2 Turbo
4%
Street Fighter 3/ Alpha 3
13%
Fatal Fury Mark Of The Wolves
21%
King Of Fighters 98- 2002
No votes
Last Blade 2
17%
Guilty Gear
8%
Marvel Vs Capcom 1/2
21%
Dark Stalkers
No votes
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
No votes
Capcom VS Snk 1/2
17%

Total votes: 24
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Favorite DC 2D Fighting Game?

Post by Master Higgins »

Mine is FF MOTW 8-) I like the great graphix, ff meets sf3 game play and Terry Bogard owns joo :P My 2nd fav is pulp neo brawl :D
Last edited by Master Higgins on Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

I'm not much of a fighter fan (boo! hiss!) but I found Last Blade 2 on the NEO and the DC great fun to play. The controls don't feel too compromised on the DC version either.

As for the rest, I haven't played 2/3rd enough to form a real opinion.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

sixteen-bit wrote:I'm not much of a fighter fan (boo! hiss!) but I found Last Blade 2 on the NEO and the DC great fun to play. The controls don't feel too compromised on the DC version either.

Last Blade is great fun, my fav game for NGPC :wink:

I bet reaps is voting for sf2 turbo SGA :P
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

But there is no SF2 Turbo SGA... just World Warrior.

Cap vs SNK 2... that game is sweet, and you can pull the mad combos... followd by Guilty Gear X.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

BaldMonk wrote:But there is no SF2 Turbo SGA... just World Warrior.

Cap vs SNK 2... that game is sweet, and you can pull the mad combos... followd by Guilty Gear X.
oops my bad :P
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Sickliquid86 wrote:
sixteen-bit wrote:I'm not much of a fighter fan (boo! hiss!) but I found Last Blade 2 on the NEO and the DC great fun to play. The controls don't feel too compromised on the DC version either.

How well does it play? I'm constantly tempted to get a ngpc but finances usually don't allow it. Maybe I'll get one sometime :oops:
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

sixteen-bit wrote:
Sickliquid86 wrote:

How well does it play? I'm constantly tempted to get a ngpc but finances usually don't allow it. Maybe I'll get one sometime :oops:
omg it plays like last blade just miniaturized it is great, best damn fighting game for the system :P you can pick it up at ebgames
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Capcom Vs SNK 2. Damn close to perfection.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Why butting serieses together like that? I mean, I can maybe see it for the Marvel vs. Capcom games since they're indeed pretty similar? I could *MAYBE* even see it for Street Fighter 3: Double Impact and Thrid Strike, but putting Alpha 3 in there too makes no sense, SF3 and SFAlpha are totally different feeling games. You can see that they both sten from SF2, but they went in quite opposite directions. And King of Fighters 2000-2002 are very different from '99 Dream Match and Evolution, too.

There *ARE* a couple missing form the list, too, like Plasma Sword or Psychic Force, but I doubt anyone would really vote for those as the best fighters on the DC anyway.

My vote's for Last Blade 2, as well. Last Blade did such a great job of taking over from Samurai Shodown. It has such an excellent and unique feel among fighters. And yeah, the Neo Pocket version is great, it's a perfect clone of the arcade version (of the original, though it does also include some characters and the storylines form Last Blade 2 which you can play through after you finish the game the first time, which is a great idea).

...word is bondage...
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Why butting serieses together like that? I mean, I can maybe see it for the Marvel vs. Capcom games since they're indeed pretty similar? I could *MAYBE* even see it for Street Fighter 3: Double Impact and Thrid Strike, but putting Alpha 3 in there too makes no sense, SF3 and SFAlpha are totally different feeling games. You can see that they both sten from SF2, but they went in quite opposite directions. And King of Fighters 2000-2002 are very different from '99 Dream Match and Evolution, too.
I did that because there is a limit of options u can put in a poll, I had them all listed seperately but it wouldn't let me submit so and I had to take great pains of combining them to make it a decent poll.
There *ARE* a couple missing form the list, too, like Plasma Sword or Psychic Force, but I doubt anyone would really vote for those as the best fighters on the DC anyway.
those are 3d :roll:
My vote's for Last Blade 2, as well. Last Blade did such a great job of taking over from Samurai Shodown. It has such an excellent and unique feel among fighters. And yeah, the Neo Pocket version is great, it's a perfect clone of the arcade version (of the original, though it does also include some characters and the storylines form Last Blade 2 which you can play through after you finish the game the first time, which is a great idea).
yep I very much agree
.word is bondage...
wtf does that mean?
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Sickliquid86 wrote:
those are 3d :roll:
Oh yeah, seems you're right. Pretty odd considering I'm pretty sure Ive actually played Plasma Sword, but really remembered it being 2D.

While I was looking them up in Google, I also came across Project Justice, anyone here played that one? From the review it sounded like it was a strictly 2D fighter that just happened to use polygon models. Interesting.

...word is bondage...
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

KoF pwns TEh YOu
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

hile I was looking them up in Google, I also came across Project Justice, anyone here played that one? From the review it sounded like it was a strictly 2D fighter that just happened to use polygon models. Interesting.
I love project justice, it plays like a combo of kof, mvc and sf but it is all 3d graphix, wonderful game no less.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I've got the japanese import of Project Justice... Liksang rocks ;) You can create your own characters too... but only in the Japanese version.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

BaldMonk wrote:I've got the japanese import of Project Justice... Liksang rocks ;) You can create your own characters too... but only in the Japanese version.
are you serious!?!??! How do you do it? I mean do you choose outfits and moves or just change the name of an existing char?
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

SFA3 it just has so much replay value It's insane. Then CvS1 the sprites actually match the backgrounds I wish Capcom had done the goofy intro backgrounds like that in the second game instead of doing those 3D backgrounds that make the sprites look out of place. I like the way they set up the ratios in the first game but that's just me.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

My personal favourite is KoF '99 Dream Match (all those characters including the American sports team ^_^ ) But to which one I think is the best...Capcom vs SNK 2 no doubt in my mind. Too bad it's not in English. The Vampire Chronicles was cool as hell too. If anyone votes for MvC2 I'm going to bash your head in. Although a great button masher the game is over rated, and highly unbalanced. Not to mention the horrid music \=

GGX gets my vote graphics wise. Try playing a Capcom or a SNK game on a VGA monitor. Eww.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

I know its silly but I just cant stand playin 2D figthers on my DC,, seems such a waste of the power...

Gimme soul calibur anyday...
Dust on the Dreamcast
Chainfist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chainfist »

Guilty Gear has got to be the best High Resolution 2-D fighter for the Dreamcast, if not the only fighter with High Resolution 2-D characters...

I'd take fantastic looking 2-D over poorly done 3-D any day.

With all the Capcom Manga fans drawing artwork out there, you think they'd be able to get some talent to work on high-rez models... heck I bet a bunch of eager fan-boys would even do it for free! Whats with Capcom?!!!!
JaSpAlLeR
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JaSpAlLeR »

Street Fighter 3 3rd strike is my favorite 2-d fighter... 2nd impact just seemed like crap to me and i haven't played alpha 3 yet...
Project Justice is sweeeeeeet... I have burned versions of both the jap and eur versions at the moment :D

BUT THIRD STRIKE RULES ALL... for street fighter games that is