SEGA in Control

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SEGA in Control

Post by DreamcastUK »

Hello there all,

Sega look set to be back on form with great games out and coming out on Xbox and PS2 and it is kicking ass on the GBASP with games like Crazy Taxi and Virtua Tennis Jet set radio and Space Channel 5 play them on the train..

Out Run 2 on Xbox looks very good its in the Arcades at the moment but both Out Run 2 and Virtua Cop 3 are due on Xbox along with Shenmue 3.

I have been talking to the guys behide the Postal series RWS (Running with Scissors as there Postal 2 game went very well and there online MP postal 2 comes out soon as I asked them will we see it on Xbox... And they replied Yes we are working on something for the Xbox weather it be Postal 2 MP or Postal 3 they really wanna get on the Xbox side of things and they like the sound of XBOX LIVE.

Sonic Heros all Formats in Feb that looked stunning at Earls Court London for the Playstation Exp I was there and it was a great day... Sega with Worms 3D all Formats and Virtua Fighter Evo.

Anyway Regards all I am glad to be back

DreamcastUK
http://www.ukrockers.com / http://www.jarviscomputers.com
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: SEGA in Control

Post by Phantom »

DreamcastUK wrote:Out Run 2 on Xbox looks very good its in the Arcades at the moment but both Out Run 2 and Virtua Cop 3 are due on Xbox along with Shenmue 3.
None of these have been officially announced as far as I know. XBox releases of the Chihiro-based Out Run 2 and Virtua Cop 3 are not unlikely though.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

Hello there,

They are very much likely seeing as The House of the Dead 3 uses the same board.

http://www.system16.com

but I maybe wrong I get told infomation back SEGA games... as I am a big sega fan you see

Regards
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Yes, I agree, that's what I meant by "not unlikely" ;) But they haven't been announced yet as far as I know.

It's still unclear what will happen with Shenmue 3, unfortunately. I think it's unlikely that this will be an XBox exclusive game (if it will appear on XBox at all).
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

I think it will ..... I thought VF was going to be a PS2 thing... but there is one coming out (Maybe lol) on the xbox
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

SEGA like to self distruct a bit like me really.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

So many good ideas gone to waste ... I have sitting next to me a Sega Saturn Printer / Dream Eye / Dreamcast Karaoke Machine and the Sega Mega Tech arcade machine to the right of me.... oh yea and don't forget my Dreamcast Pod with BBA / My sonic the hegdehog JPM fruit Machine... I like my office :)
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

DreamcastUK wrote:I think it will ..... I thought VF was going to be a PS2 thing... but there is one coming out (Maybe lol) on the xbox
The XBox version of Shenmue II sold very poorly. With the failure of the XBox in Japan I just can't imagine an XBox exclusive Shenmue 3.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Phantom wrote:
DreamcastUK wrote:I think it will ..... I thought VF was going to be a PS2 thing... but there is one coming out (Maybe lol) on the xbox
The XBox version of Shenmue II sold very poorly. With the failure of the XBox in Japan I just can't imagine an XBox exclusive Shenmue 3.
Which is why if the DC version of Puyo Puyo Fever sells really well (especially if it outsells the others!) it may see a DC release, however, it is unlikely I still have hope. It's just not the same spanning a series(I'm talking linked games not new ones that use the same characters) across multiple machines, that would be like releasing the first half of a mini series only on VHS and the second half only on DVD.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

ok nice to see i got some good replies thats what i am like to see
PsychoMistress
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by PsychoMistress »

Shenmue III is in the planning stages and developement is forthcoming, as confirmed by AM2. I don't know if that means they will actually follow through with it but in my mind that means a third installment is pretty likely.

Taking onanism to a new level by creating twelve genetically altered sex slaves! Twelve!! Now, THAT'S stamina!
pb2ya
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: SEGA in Control

Post by pb2ya »

DreamcastUK wrote:Hello there all,

Sega look set to be back on form with great games out and coming out on Xbox and PS2 and it is kicking ass on the GBASP with games like Crazy Taxi and Virtua Tennis Jet set radio and Space Channel 5 play them on the train..

ive heard crazy taxi and jsr on gba arent that good, you have them?
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

no I am just saying SEGA are back on the seen and the words from SEGA if PSO on all formats does well online which it is now doing in the US on the XBOX and sonic heros does well on all formats this coming FEB 2004 SEGA will make a Dreamcast 2.... well thats what they said not me .
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dreamcast 2 :o
Dreamcast forever!!!
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Maybe they meant Dreamcast also. Besides I don't think Sega makes sequels to consoles.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Megadrive 2 mastersystem 2 they have done before. in eur and australia at lest.

Dreamcast 2 would be great but they would have to pick up support of the dc1 first so i would doubt it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Ian Micheal wrote:Megadrive 2 mastersystem 2 they have done before. in eur and australia at lest.

Dreamcast 2 would be great but they would have to pick up support of the dc1 first so i would doubt it.
Where those actual sequels? or just a redesign. In otherwords did they have any games that didn't work with a megadrive1 or master system 1?

I know I've seen a genesis in the US that actually says "genesis 3" on it, but it is just a genesis 1 that has gone through 2 redesigns. (usually making it more compact).

To my knowledge SEGA has always given a new name to it's new consoles, and that is cool. I even thought Super NES was kind of a dumb name (good system though).
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah they did the master system one has a card slot for games and the 3d glasses that did not work on mastersystem 2 at all and all your card games were useless.

Some genesis 1 games would not work on genesis 2 . My copy of golden axe for example does not work on my megadrive2 and was well known problem as when it went to budget it had megadrive 1 only on it.

Heres a quote from sega doc.
The Sega Megadrive 2 was the only redesign that the Megadrive got. The redesign reduced cost and size by consolidating chips, and integrated stronger region encoding (which broke compatibility with some older games.) The original console itself went through innumerable revisions, unknown to most users save the ones who owned one of the very first consoles, which had trouble playing a few of the newer games. A new version of the Sega Mega-CD, the Sega Mega-CD 2, was made to accomodate this.
Other problems like the megadrive 2 had poor sound lacked a few chips making games sound bad.

Mastersystem 1 has card support and 3 built in games. some games worked a lot better on version 1 then 2 as well. might be a eur problem but i doubt it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Ian Micheal wrote:Mastersystem 1 has card support and 3 built in games.
3 games?, I only remember the snail maze game unless you had a differant model over there. Oh & off to OT we go, not realy an emu thread is it?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

I REALLY Hope they don't even THINK of making a Dreamcast 2. Dreamcast is fine just the way it is. Leave the pointless upgrades to companies like Sony and Microsoft who've got money to burn.
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast