What about a PSX emu ported?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Yoshimashin
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What about a PSX emu ported?

Post by Yoshimashin »

Ok i understand there is no N64 emu coming out... but what about PSX?
PANDAS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Hairybudda is making one, and don't ask when is it coming out, noone knows.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

:roll:
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Is it confirmed?
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

DuffMan wrote: Is it confirmed?
It is indeed.
Rumor has it that it's coming along well (I'm working with the author on another project)...
leboaoug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by leboaoug »

by coming along well do you mean that it will be out in like 3 months or in a year. Just curious as to how long.
Everything has a fifty percent chance of happening. Either it does or it doesn't. Don't argue with it, just accept it.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Personnaly if i was an author i wouldnt say anything about an emu till i release it cos of all the fake shit that went down its like asking for a rippin!

( i aint rippin anyone and i dont until there is proof that its either real or fake)
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

I'd venture to say there is a high possibility that this project could very well be legit. Why? Simply because it's possible. And it wouldn't be the first time someone has attempted it. There has been one or two (albeit failed) in-progress ports of PSX emus to the DC in the past, which were very real, although not too productive. Also, there is Bleem!cast... o_o You should give these guys (Hairybudda et al) your support, because as far as I'm concerned they are legit until proven otherwise.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

crt0 wrote: I'd venture to say there is a high possibility that this project could very well be legit. Why? Simply because it's possible. And it wouldn't be the first time someone has attempted it. There has been one or two (albeit failed) in-progress ports of PSX emus to the DC in the past, which were very real, although not too productive. Also, there is Bleem!cast... o_o You should give these guys (Hairybudda et al) your support, because as far as I'm concerned they are legit until proven otherwise.
I Hear that.
bo150000
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bo150000 »

Isn't true that Bleem could have been developed to play all PS games on the DC. They simply did a disk a game for money and coping purposes. If so then I think it could be possible.
###############################
"I am the Game and I am that damn good."
###############################
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

bo150000 wrote: They simply did a disk a game for money and coping purposes.
Oh really? you must have some unique insight into Bleem! that no-one else has... :roll:

Considering that Bleem! for PC doesn't play *all* games, let alone optimised I find it surprising you're so sure that Bleem!Cast can do this and Rand chose to leave it out "to make money"...

especially because most people I know with DCs would have ordered Bleem!Cast without a seconds hesitation if it was, say $20 to play all games - do the math; which would have made more money? 3 individual disks at $5 or one at $20 - which would have sold more? Plus the overheads on producing 1 disk is a lot less than producing 3...
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Will this Emu improve Graphics like Bleem!? Or will it just emulate the the PSX game as is?
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

Isn't true that Bleem could have been developed to play all PS games on the DC. They simply did a disk a game for money and coping purposes. If so then I think it could be possible.
um, no...randy explained this to me in a pm before, and i hope i get it all right, but if he sees this im sure hed be willing to make any corrections... bleem was one disc per game because of the way they went about emulating... rather than emulate a psx and just try to turn on as many effects as possible they opted for a differant approch... basically they went through and looked at a psx running a game, saw what effects were running and came up with the code needed to get those effects running on a dc then they wrote a sort of string of code to get all the effects working together, and the improvements were included (ie. they saw how tk3 displayed graphics 368x240 16bit, but instead of writing a compatable routine for that then an improvement on top of it as most emulators do, they wrote their own at 640x480 24bit as not to slow down the emulation by having the sh4 running so much code at once)... so basically the reason that there was so much time in between release and why it was one game at a time was that the various games simply are not compatable with each other... i mean i guess with some very minor tweaking b!tk3 could have been made compatable with with tk1 and 2, but then they would have had to track down all available versions of those games and tested them all and then make any necessary changes to the code then retest tk3 to make sure they didnt break anything... trust me, they simply couldnt have done more than one game at a time, there is no bleem "core" as we once thought that is just a psx emualtor that is slightly tweaked for certain games (although many games do have some compatable features, its just not likely for games to have everything in common because if it did they would just be the same game), so there wouldnt be a way to release a larger pack (although i guess since tk3 and mgs were released at the same time it was possible to just put them both on the same disc, but as they are completely differant games targeting differant gamers, it wouldnt have made much sense to either bleem or the average consumer)... anyways, im just rambling on with this now so ill cut it short, i think you get the idea...
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

hahahaha , cant you guys see that thi sh*t is fake

just like saturncast

i remember , i was waiting ,and waiting ...

every day i thought about my old saturn, i had a lot of saturn cds (i still have)

The saturn was tired , he wanted to rest (forever)

Then I thought about bury the saturn and give his games to his brother , the dreamcast

The Dreamcast could play his games , much better (and faster) than his older brother.

Then , here comes the news

THE SATURNCAST IS FRIGGIN FAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very upset ,

so I really thing this sh*t is fake

and I think (of course) the psx emulation on dc is possible

of course the dc can play psx games in more than 100%

But , its really hard

You guys may might me (or not) , but im really telling the truth , from the bottom of my heart

I SWEAR

Months and Months ago before the bleemcast was launched

Everybody was thinking , the bleemcast was going to be like the pc version , that you can play (almost) all games.

Then I saw in a forum, the guy said : " I don't know if the bleemcast will be launched , i heard that a guy who worked on bleem team , he quit bleem team , and after he quit the bleem team , he said that , the guys from bleem team were having some serious troubles . They weren't making all games compatible , he was very said , because they just got 1 game running on bleemcast. THEY DIDNT MADE THE BLEEMCAST 100% COMPATIBLE , BECAUSE IT WAS VERY HARD."

Then I thought , thats b*ll sh*t , those guys say a lot of sh*t , of course they will make everything compatible.

Then I forgot about this forum message, they launched the bleemcast , GT2 VERSION , TEKKEN 3 VERSION AND METAL GEAR VERSION.

Then I knew that the one game that they were running on dc was the Grand Turismo 2.

So , if you guys , cant make a focking neo geo pocket emulator run decently , you guys wont make ANY focking PSX game run , with 50 % speed and sound

:cry:
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

Dude, you have some problems, I know a Doctor that could help you.

JK :lol:
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Hey if you dont think its possible just shutup and stop whining it discourages devvers and doesnt help em

This thing would be a big step but it can be done and that would be great 8)
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

And people wonder why people dont dev.
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I hope its real. I don't see why it would be impossible for a emulator to play all psx games (or at least some of them) I think it would be difficult for them to all be like bleemcast, but running them as they look on a playstation I could see happening.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

well what dcemular says just backs up what i said.He is moaning and putting devvers dows and making them not want to dev.I said i would personally not tell anyone bout my emu and this is why.If people dont like or belive in a an emu why dont they just wait and see?

I HATE PEOPLE WHO PUT OTHERS DOWN WITHOUT REASON :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

/me shoot dcemular

/me becomes hero of DC sk3n3 once again :lol: