why some people cant get wolf3d/SOD to work...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

why some people cant get wolf3d/SOD to work...

Post by discostu55555 »

ok, i got wolf3d yesterday, so went ahead and burned the full version and everything and it booted fine... then after playing on the dc for a while i started playing it on my pc (for gthe sound) and i noticed that a configuration file was created (CONFIG.WL6)... my bet here is that the people who are having problems getting wolf to play, but have no problems with the booting process are probably including this file which gives shortcuts to hardware that isnt emulated (soundcard) so its fudging it up... anyways, just thought id share that idea so if youre one of those having a prob you cantake a look and be sure that only the needed WL6's are burned...
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

but

Post by MetalGearRay »

But I didn't include the Config.WL6 files, I made sure not to.