Spear of destiny works... review..

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bonecrusher
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Spear of destiny works... review..

Post by bonecrusher »

Well if you lower the screen size about 3 things and use the keyboard it is playable but the control sensitivity sucks
its like holding the controller left for 3 seconds then it moves
i figure the version of wolf3d i have might be corrupt but why does it work on pc and not dc where my spear of destiny works on both?
bonecrusher
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bonecrusher »

burner os tatics work for it..
well guess ill have to wait for a update cause i wasted 10 cds and its not really worth it
i have more fun with the doom version since its got better control
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

re: ...

Post by crt0 »

bonecrusher: it definitely works better than that. but, i've already mentioned, playing with the keyboard feels slower than playing with the controller because of the extra delay (required by maple bus) needed to read keyboard input versus joypad input... no one else yet has complained of speed issues...

as for problems with burning, your statements leads me to believe that maybe you are just doing it wrong... i have burned all 4 binaries with their respective data files onto my demomenu multisession test disc... they all worked fine...
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

don't

Post by MetalGearRay »

Don't listen to this guy Crt0, the new SOD works great! I wonder if he was using his hands to hold the controller. The controls are great and you should be proud of making such a fine port. :)
But somehow, my registered Wolf3D files don't work on the DC version either. But my SOD registered files do.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

That's a very strange problem, but I've seen its recurring. I'll recompile it and re-release it on Sunday.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

hey crt0, see my other post in this forum...i think i have figured out this prob...