dcgenerator runs very very very slow.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
scoot-magee
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dcgenerator runs very very very slow.

Post by scoot-magee »

i downloaded it and burnt it to cd with the roms. i got everything on 1 disk. when i pick a game though everything runs extremely slow. the games are completely unplayable.

i remember a while back i download a genesis emu with roms for the dc. it ran at 100% speed and full sound for most of the games. a few games were glitchy and didnt run right. anyone know what this emu was? is it gone now or something? i dont understand. and why is my dcgen running like complete crap?? thanks for any help in advance ;)
Cmtz
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cmtz »

instead of answering this let just start closing them.
scoot-magee
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by scoot-magee »

ok moron. i come back thinking someone responded to my post with an answer for my question. instead i got some moron posting useless garbage in my thread.

IT IS MY FIRST TOPIC EVER ON THIS SITE! these are some very simple questions. i have not been keeping up with this stuff for a while now and i just got back into it.

i was thinking i might have done something wrong. that time i had a genesis emu on my dc it ran at full speed and had sound. if it didnt run at full speed it was very close to it. with this one im sitting at the opening credits for a long time. then the game runs like crap.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well you were using a illegaly ripped emulator this one is some ones hard work and time and effort calling it crap will not get it worked on more try gens plus which is close to fullspeed but has no sound its a new emulator and by a really good programer so in time it will be better then the one you had long ago.thats about it but callings peoples work crap is not nice and does not help. its not finshed you were playing a WIP emulator dcgen is that. again try gensis plus by black aura it has settings you can adjust to bring close to fullspeed only lacking sound support. thats a legal hombrew emulator that should make you happy.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Cmtz
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cmtz »

scoot-magee wrote:ok moron. i come back thinking someone responded to my post with an answer for my question. instead i got some moron posting useless garbage in my thread.

IT IS MY FIRST TOPIC EVER ON THIS SITE! these are some very simple questions. i have not been keeping up with this stuff for a while now and i just got back into it.

i was thinking i might have done something wrong. that time i had a genesis emu on my dc it ran at full speed and had sound. if it didnt run at full speed it was very close to it. with this one im sitting at the opening credits for a long time. then the game runs like crap.
Did you even read the rules before you posted? That's the reason we have rules, so people like you won't come in and post stuff like that.
scoot-magee
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by scoot-magee »

i wasnt asking where to get anything, i was asking if dcgen should run better then what ive seen. i thought i might have done something wrong and wanted to know why it runs so slow. i didnt say it was crap. i said it ran like crap. i know things need to be finished and worked on. like i said i havent been around for a while. i appreciate everything people do to ring these games to dc.

i dont even remember where i got the other emu that ran really good. i never asked where i can get the "illegal emu". i didnt even know it was illegal. i had no idea.

i did read the rules. i was just asking some simple questions. if what i said was against the rules how come the topic wasnt closed?
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: dcgenerator runs very very very slow.

Post by Ian Micheal »

scoot-magee wrote:i downloaded it and burnt it to cd with the roms. i got everything on 1 disk. when i pick a game though everything runs extremely slow. the games are completely unplayable.

i remember a while back i download a genesis emu with roms for the dc. it ran at 100% speed and full sound for most of the games. a few games were glitchy and didnt run right. anyone know what this emu was? is it gone now or something? i dont understand. and why is my dcgen running like complete crap?? thanks for any help in advance ;)

well from that post the most of it was puting down dcgen. but like i said try gens plus .
Dreamcast forever!!!
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

i did read the rules. i was just asking some simple questions. if what i said was against the rules how come the topic wasnt closed?
expect this topic to be closed very quickly also read the rules. And yes segagen rocks but to hold up someone else's hard work to it is rude, you do realized that that is stolen and that it was made by sega :roll: how the hell is someone supposed to match that. Anyways I doubt you know anything about programming or how programming an emulator is one of the most difficult things to do, so until you yourself can make better than gens don't call it crap.
scoot-magee
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by scoot-magee »

i really really really dont think the emu is crap. im trying to tell you guys this. im sorry if i offended anyones hard work. i did not realise that the last emu i played was actually made by sega. i know programing isnt easy. ive been wanting to go to school for programing for a while now. my cousin does it and is actually very good. when i said it ran like crap i didnt mean the emu was crap. i really thought i did something wrong. i do have some knowledge of programming but not much and i could imagine how hard people have worked on these emu's. im sorry if i offended anyone. i was just trying to ask some questions, not comment on anyones work.
cagmere
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cagmere »

Who cares if you offended anyone? It is your opinion in which you are entitled to, don't let these whiners here tell you what to do. Another thing that I find funny is that everyone pusses out when an "illegal" emulator is talked about. Any emulator has to run roms in order to do what they are intended for, and roms are illegal so should that not be illegal as well? Look I am not trying to start anything, but people are too damn uptight. If someone wants to express their opinion on something, who cares whether it is positive or negative. The first ammendment gives us that right. It's cool for a forum to have rules, but not to be dictated like we are in the Hitler era either.
tr0ll
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tr0ll »

Eh... the first amendment only applies in public. Technically you could consider this a 'private' institution as they do have controls over who can join and who is allowed to participate in discussions, so the first amendment consideration can be thrown right out the window.
R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell :(
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

*APE wishes this board had the /me hack
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

An emulator can plat hombrew roms which are legal not all emulators are illegal you are wrong so most times most of us like to do it the right way and be with in the law.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Emulators are mostly perfectly legal (unless you're using a bios file from the actual system), ROMs in which you do not own original copies of are illegal unless their home made.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

Tyne wrote:Emulators are mostly perfectly legal (unless you're using a bios file from the actual system), ROMs in which you do not own original copies of are illegal unless their home made.
Or you're using an illegal XDK ;)