Nester DC Problem !!! :(

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
muffinman943
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nester DC Problem !!! :(

Post by muffinman943 »

ok, i burned the cd image on nero of nester and i wanna make a separate disc for my roms. for the roms, do i have to extract them?? And i dont know how to change the .nes part of the roms to make them CD images. HELP!!!!!!
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deived »

????
You dont have to change the .nes in the filename, or even make the CD images.
I think the readme for NesterDC tells you how to make the disk. I beleive you just make a disk with all the roms in it on the root directory. I dont think you have to have the disk any special way. I could be wrong though. I have all mine on the same disk.
Check the tutorials on the DCEmu site.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

You do need to extract the files from the Zip archive in which you originally downloaded them. Then, you can put them in any directory you want. Then, just burn the disc as a normal data disc (it can even be a multisession disc, I believe). There is nothing special you have to do to burn a rom disc for Nester. You can locate Roms in any directory whatsoever while using Nester.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
muffinman943
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by muffinman943 »

k, i cleared it up
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Nester DC Problem !!! :(

Post by jjoepr »

muffinman943 wrote:ok, i burned the cd image on nero of nester and i wanna make a separate disc for my roms. for the roms, do i have to extract them?? And i dont know how to change the .nes part of the roms to make them CD images. HELP!!!!!!

If you change the .nes extension you'll corrupt the file and make it unusable. Extract your roms to the games folder or to your separate CD using Win Zip or WINRAR. Don't you dare touch the .nes extension.