pal laser in jap machine?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
runkthepunk
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

pal laser in jap machine?

Post by runkthepunk »

hello there i just picked up a jap dreamer but it ain't playin games (says theres no game in the machine i think its the laser) so just wonderin if i could put a pal laser in the jap machine or would it blow up cheers :)

ps its and original jap machine with liquid cooling does this make a diference :?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

If they both run on the same voltages, it should be fine. I heard there are some laser assemblies that need 5v, instead of 3.3v, which most are.
Last edited by bizzle on Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

It's worked before for me..
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

the laser assemblies are all the same. it will work fine.

now does anyone know how to make a DC run without a fan? Its killing me..
runkthepunk
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by runkthepunk »

cheers boys i'm gonna change em over and see if that sorts it out! :D
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Yepper, we got a bunch of smarties here :) They are all the same. I have never seen or heard of a 5V drive, but every one I have seen plainly has 3.3V etched into its metal plating. If what he says is true, you might just want to try and find it on the drive, just to be sure.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

farrell2k wrote:Yepper, we got a bunch of smarties here :) They are all the same. I have never seen or heard of a 5V drive, but every one I have seen plainly has 3.3V etched into its metal plating. If what he says is true, you might just want to try and find it on the drive, just to be sure.
I actually don't know how true it is. I just read it somewhere.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Xylene wrote:
farrell2k wrote:Yepper, we got a bunch of smarties here :) They are all the same. I have never seen or heard of a 5V drive, but every one I have seen plainly has 3.3V etched into its metal plating. If what he says is true, you might just want to try and find it on the drive, just to be sure.
Perhaps your source was misled. Not all drives state "3.3V" on them, as the one in my dad's DC doesn't, but they are still compatible.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

sixteen-bit wrote:
Xylene wrote:
Perhaps your source was misled. Not all drives state "3.3V" on them, as the one in my dad's DC doesn't, but they are still compatible.
Yeah, I figured that. I didn't know how true it was, and all my drivers have 3.3v on them. I just read somewhere before about a 5v drive, never actually saw one.