DreamSNES backgrounds

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
UberMan5000
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamSNES backgrounds

Post by UberMan5000 »

:o

I'm getting a Dreamcast soon, and I'm going to want to play DreamSNES on it. I also think the rest of my family is going to want to use DreamSNES, but I think those backgrounds that come with it might get me in hot water, what with that... "well-drawn" girl, the Jack-O-Lanterns floating around, and the voice that sounds like it's from "The Mothman Prophecies" or something like that trying to make you pee yourself, and that a background that seasonal wouldn't work for 11 months out of the year.

I'm not sure if all those files that you have to burn with DreamSNES let you make your own backgrounds, but it looks to me that it involves exceedingly complicated programming languages, and since my knowledge of computer code stops at SHTML, it's probably out of my reach.

Can somebody please clarify how I can change the backgrounds on DreamSNES to something a little more nondescript or quieter? Thanks.

:o
frogcoin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by frogcoin »

first of all you cant change the background or the jack-o-lanterns as far as i know.

and come on that girl is cute but isnt even naked!! (isnt a shame :twisted: )the sound you can change it adding others mp3 but still i really like it. :mrgreen:
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

You can even use DreamSNES as an MP3 player if you've got room on the disc. Fill up the SOUND folder with a bunch of MP3's. As for the background images, I read that they purposely made it so you can't change any of that stuff. They don't want people disguising it and selling copies.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

OneThirty8 wrote:You can even use DreamSNES as an MP3 player if you've got room on the disc. Fill up the SOUND folder with a bunch of MP3's. As for the background images, I read that they purposely made it so you can't change any of that stuff. They don't want people disguising it and selling copies.
Correct.

Emulators such as NesterDC have been sold all over the place... DreamSNES is locked in order to keep both credit and the warning of being ripped off if the copy was bought.

The flying pumkins can be removed, if I remember, not sure which file it is that does this...

The backround music can also be replaced by a dummy "backround.txt.mp3" file if you don't like the music. :)
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

404NotFound wrote: The flying pumkins can be removed, if I remember, not sure which file it is that does this...
When it was released, people were removing the pumpkin's PVR/ZVR file, and the emulator would not run without it, giving you a missing files error.

It's not like it's the freakin hearts, you know. The pumpkins are not as dense, and stay nicely BEHIND the menus as they should.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today