DJ error "cdj has caused an error in cdj.exe"

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
marklar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DJ error "cdj has caused an error in cdj.exe"

Post by marklar »

-used the pfc.inf off this site to allow dj to see my burner

-dj 2.0 still doesn't see it

-dj 3.5 sees my burner, but when i open up the cdi file, i immediately get an error: "cdj has caused an error in cdj.exe" and when i close that one i get another: "cdj has caused an error in mfcxxx.dll" or something or rather...

-what the hell?

-plus, i've used the little app cdi2nero.exe to convert the cdi to an nrg file. i successfully burned the file to a memorex 80 min. cd. but dc doesn't wanna recognize it. it just spins a lot and then goes back to the main screen (with the bouncing 'play' icon).

-is it ok, that nero sees an audio track on the cd? i think when it burned it, it made 2 sessions (the first being audio???)...

-anywho, damn, what do i do? do you have to do anything special to nero to get it to burn converted cdi files for the dc?

finally done...
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

The same thing happened to me
But I fixed the damm problem

Do you use Windows XP?
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

This happend to me too. But that was when I had DJ 3.0 and a 3.5 DJ Image. So all I did was updated DJ and it works fine.
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
marklar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by marklar »

oh, yes... except i've tried a bunch of versions including the most recent ones...

but, i did get the solution from someone else... for some reason it works properly if you actually TYPE in the path and filename of the .cdi file (in the source box or whatever) rather than simply trying to go 'open' and file and browsing to it... and i don't think i had been going the route of 'New' and then 'Image to CD Recorder' or whatever... i was just using the 'Open' option or something..

anyhow, it works for me now so who cares, right?

:oP