Gamecube Vrs Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Yoshimashin
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gamecube Vrs Dreamcast

Post by Yoshimashin »

Im evil for saying this,but i just got a gamecube and it beats dremcast in the ass!! NINTENDO OWNS SEGA AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!

(not literaly,but the most software is coming out for Gamecube)

But of couse i will laways take out the dreamcast for some good ol soul calibur... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
PANDAS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

Think of how much time Nintendo had to work on the GC while Dreamcast first came out. Nintendo has YEARS over Dreamcast, if the GC sucked, i would have flamed Nintendo a million times over, because they had lots of time to prepare th GC, its kinda like Comparing Xbox to PS2, PS2 has been out for like 2 years right? of course xbox is gonna have better specs.
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Tails Prower wrote: Think of how much time Nintendo had to work on the GC while Dreamcast first came out. Nintendo has YEARS over Dreamcast, if the GC sucked, i would have flamed Nintendo a million times over, because they had lots of time to prepare th GC, its kinda like Comparing Xbox to PS2, PS2 has been out for like 2 years right? of course xbox is gonna have better specs.
Nice post Tails, I was just about to make the exact same point.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

I just want to say that my Dreamcast is TOTALLY BETTER THAN THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM! EAT THAT, NINTENDO!
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

YEAH! MY PLAYSTATION ONE BEATS THE CRAP OUTTA MY GENESIS! TAKE THAT SEGA!

Sorry but i had to say it. Thats kinda what his origional post was like :(

/me still plays Sonic 3 & Knuckles on his genesis frequently :oops:
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
Craig
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Gamecube Will Be Good In The Future.....

Post by Craig »

........ but at the moment the Dreamcast remains supreme. Seriously though, as a Dreamcaster from Europe we have been treated very poorly. The Gamecube still has no release date and is likely to be delayed until September, while the Dreamcast is already here. They may have stopped making them, but Headhunter and Shenmue 2 show that it still has games, and with Rez and PSO2 coming soon, things are looking bright for Dreamcasters. I personally can't wait for a Gamecube, but the Dreamcast will keep me going until then. 8)
Life is so Lame, Which is Such a Shame
Badboy2night
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Badboy2night »

Yes but now you have the Gaint Microsoft in the game and Xbox will own all. They should of put the DC chip in Xbox that would of helped sega out allot.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

But they won't. Do you think that PS2 will put a chip in for the Jaguar? :P
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

Even with it's edge the cube just dosen't impress me. My cousin got one for xmas and I admit I found myself playing Rogue Squdron but after a half hour of play, I never had that desire to go back like I do with say Halo or Headhunter. The funniest part was during the xmas party my uncle kept calling it a lunch box.

But you will never turn me into a fanboy, more likely than not I will at one time or another own a GC...I never thought I'd have a 64 but then a friend gave me one....I'll wait for that.

Why would sony put a jaguar chip into the PS2?
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Napoleon wrote: Why would sony put a jaguar chip into the PS2?
That was my point...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Gamecube Vrs Dreamcast

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Yoshimashin wrote: Im evil for saying this,but i just got a gamecube and it beats dremcast in the ass!! NINTENDO OWNS SEGA AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!

(not literaly,but the most software is coming out for Gamecube)

But of couse i will laways take out the dreamcast for some good ol soul calibur... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ummm thats great and all considering the DC is dead...

My Xbox is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than my Colecovision.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Megaman
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Megaman »

I like Dreamcast better than the Gamecube.
That is weird for me because I have loved and hated Sega since I was 5 but lately Sega has Been Way better.
And now hen I look back to the SMS it was better than the NES in a lot of ways.
SEGA RULES!
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

well i got my little bro a GCN for christmas (well i was gonna get one anyways, but the dates just sorta lined up)...
the game i got him to go with it was super smash bros.... now in my own little opinion, this game is a terrible example of what the gamecube can do... its merely a slightly (and very slightly at that) upgraded version of the n64 version.... now that isnt to say its a bad game, in fact i feel my cash was well spent on it, but if one had that and that alone to judge the system on, then id just stick with the n64...
next i rented luigis mansion, and i have to say, i was impressed... graphically as well as in terms of just innovative gameplay (ok, it is just a ripoff of ghostbusters, but its been over a decade, so its new again), it quite exceeded my expectations.... then i went ahead and bought two more games (i was gonna get a ps2, but figured why not get a few more games first?) tony hawk 3 and pikmin...
THPS3 is a good game, but falls way behind 2 on either dc or xbox.... the graphics are slightly better than 2 on dc, but no where near 2x on the box and the framerate suddenly gets cut in half for no apparent reason... it does however run fast, and i found myself having to adjust to the speed when i first played...
pikmin is well...how do i say not possible to compare to anything else... graphically it isnt anything to write home about, and the gameplay is really simplistic, but i find the game pretty fun and all in all a good buy...
but thats not all....as a side note ill mention that my mom rented simpsons road rage (which i found strange considering my mom doesnt watch the simpsons nor does she play video games except for the old nintendo....shes a dcemu fan as well8^] ) and i thought it was gonna be a terrible game based on a terrible concept (ever play simpsons wrestling? i thought it would be something similar), but actually aside from the initial "what a ripoff" feeling every crazy taxi fan will have, and the incredible disappearing framerate (same as hawk), i feel it also was quite well done....
so basically my conclusion is that the gamecube has plenty of games right now to keep people happy, and they are of pretty good quality (although some could use improvements)... basically in comparison to dc, i think dc has more available plus the homebrew bonus, but at this early in dc's life there wasnt anything that could sell the system (aside from sega-love), so i think while dc is a better console to own at this point, i see no reason gamecube wont reach that level... as for comparing to the other big systems, ive only played halo and that god-awful football game for x-box and halo was impressive although it also suffered for the "framerate? what framerate?" problem that i thought was solved on dc but i guess the "next gen" consoles decided to leave it in for a retro feel.... ps2 i want for the 3 sequals (smackdown,GT,and MGS) and just for ps1 use, the rest of the games ive played are complete garbage...
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

My Mega CD owns you all.... Snatcher is probably one of the best games of all time...

But no-one mention WWF Rage in a Cage ;)
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I would play Snatcher if i could find it...

HINT: Never ask for Snatcher in a video game store (EB, Babbages, Software etc.)... they will all laugh at you heartily
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

hummm

Post by Angel-Sephiroth »

hum gamecube dind sell well in japan, so i supose that nintendo, its gonna do the same as sega, only produces software, or gba's ;-)
aka Rhianor;
aka xxx666xxx;
Lone Wolf
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

hummm

Post by Lone Wolf »

Angel-Sephiroth: Just remember who predicted it first :)
" To open a door thou must possess the key. "
OX
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by OX »

Well i'm loving my new XBOX and its the best thing I have bought to date... Back to the topic, I like DC better than GC but I would probably buy one when its 100 or 50 bucks.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

GC has a monkey IN A BALLL!!!!!

XBox has nothing of interest (since WWF Raw is War isn't out yet)

DC has awesome games :)

PS2 has GTA3, Pro Evoloution Soccer, Smackdown: JBI, Devil may Cry, MGS2....

DC should of been better than all of these consoles since it had a head start and it is in NO WAY looking aged at the moment.... Segam got the damn marketing wrong again........
Yoshimashin
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Yoshimashin »

I dident think my small pointless post would climb this high! I RULE! Anyway the idea is that Dreamcast PS2 and Gamecube are the Video Game rulers... XBOX just plain Sucks... SNES beat the shit out of Genisis ... Sega Master system had everything better than NES... tobad it dident make it far... hand helds are pointless ... YOU CANT BEAT A GAME THAT HAS A MONKEY IN A BALL! Smash Brothers Melee shows great graphical engeneering and shold never agian be hated amogst graphics... what else to say... XBOX sucks ass, agian :twisted: :twisted:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From "The Fairly Odd Parents on Nick (the epside when he trieds to get that girl to like him)

Cosmo:I may just be a fairie slash lawyer slash fireman but isent it also true u wished for shiney teeth new clothes and a mansion?
Timmy : yes
Cosmo: Woa what a total roothless no good punk jerk!
Judge: The court finds in the favor of the court... timmy looses his god parents!
Wanda:That was your laser targeted plan?
Cosmo:Im not a laser technision! **poof** NOW im a laser technision!
PANDAS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!