DIVX conversion .... why does it turn pinkish?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
eot156
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DIVX conversion .... why does it turn pinkish?

Post by eot156 »

When I try to convert my DiVx files in Virtual dub, after its completed, and I burn it, and put it on DCdivx, the picture is fine, but like time to time (regularly) the tone of the picture goes toward pinkish, and then it jumps back to normal. HOW DO I FIX THIS? Please help me =p thanks
eot156
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eot156 »

anyone? please help me.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

what are your settings, codecs used etc. We can prob help you better if we knew those.
eot156
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eot156 »

I used the settings that the dcdivx gave, which are: I had (Divx 5.0.3) 1- pass 700 kbs, with a resize filter added. Thats basically all I use. Audio was fine. the movie is fine, but from time to time pink blocks apear (regularly) pink blocks appear and extend, or like the movie tone turns pink/purpulish, but then jumps back to normal, and over again. What is that?
eot156
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eot156 »

Also I just notice another thing, when I have the Virtual Dub preview option, the video has the same pink squares, but if I open it with Windows Media Player, or Divx player, it plays just fine! Dang it, what is wrong with this!
eot156
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eot156 »

here is a picture of what it looks like. Image

The pink stuff appears as the words move, its like a trail, but it happens for a lot of things in the movie.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

its that Acid youve been takin man..

whooow.... :o
Dust on the Dreamcast
VR6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by VR6 »

jesus, ive never seen anything like it....you must be doing something wrong hahaha....thats nuts buddy....just fiddle with the settings some more or something, i sure cant help you
[-AD-]
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by [-AD-] »

I got the same problem. I tried to watch Cradle of Fear. Everything works finde, but after 20sec's the image gets this colour touch... I think, its becasue of the filesize. I tested the same video splitted in 5 files and the colour doesnt change anymore.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Has to the original file, since thats what is show in there. It may have some CRC errors causing it to have the pinkish tint when you encode.