DCDivx Movie Automatizer:an easy way to encode divx for DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
leo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

DCDivx Movie Automatizer:an easy way to encode divx for DC

Post by leo » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:09 am

HI. So, i'm new in these forum because i'm french and it's not very easy for me to speak english ;)
I think that i have a good news for all who are searching a very easy way to encode divx for DC...
I've made a little prog which allow you to encode your divx for dc very easily(with Virtual Dub)
This tool use .vcf configuration files for Virtual Dub and some .bat files. It is possible to encode your divx in two clicks!
Downloads are available at http://www.metagames-fr.com/downloads.php?cat=Dreamcast.
Notes: I've actually release two version:
DCDMA b1: this version allow an encoding whith 4.12 and 5.0.2 divx codecs (one pass)
DCDMA b2: in this version, you can easily encode a dcdivx movie in two pass whith a 900-950 kbps bitrate (!) But there are some bugs with win 98 i think (I've winXp)

I'm actually working in a third version which will be (I hope) much more advanced...

Note: there is a bug in the file dcdmab2.rar. It seems that if are not using winrar you can't decompress the tool... This bug will be fix this week.
Azra_Blackmoor
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Azra_Blackmoor » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:57 am

Ill check it out when I get home
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:10 pm

TOPIC STICKIED!

Wow, a really nifty utility is this. You've got some good VCF templates in there too - any chance of DVD/VOB support in the future? Either way, great work.

I have a rather poor translation of the Readme here:
DCDMA Readme wrote:DCDivx Movie Automatizer

by Leo

DCDMA v2 beta:

To read before any use

Presentation:

DCDMA is a small utility which will enable you to save time at the time of your encoding with VirtualDub. It was concu especially to facilitate the encoding of films readable by DCDivx, celebrates it player divx for Dreamcast! I hope that this utility will allow all those which have Dreamcast (even young people) to be able to benefit from the reading of Divx on their console, without having to carry out configuration of encoding in VirtualDub. In this manner of creating its divx for Dreamcast becomes true sets of children!

Necessary for the encoding:

- VirtualDub

- a film avi

- the codecs 5.0.2 Pro

Necessary for the reading on Dreamcast:

- Nero or Discjuggler

- the player DCDivx beta 4

- Dreamcast....

- an engraver

Installation of DCDMA:

All the files must be d?compress?s in a repertory c:\DCDMA \ and NOT ANOTHER THING! (there is not that with decompresser the file in C: \ because the tree structure is safeguarded in the file) Idem for Virtual dub: That Ci must be installed and the executable must be with the following site (site by defect): C:\Program Files\VirtualDub\VirtualDub.exe)

Use of DCDMA:

The use of DCDMA is one cannot simpler:

- Place your video file avi in the repertory c:\DCDMA\MOVIE \ (this is necessary to be able to launch the encoding and to calculate the ratio of film via DCDMA) and re-elect the movie.avi.

- double click on the DCDMAb2.exe file

- If you placed well your film in the repertory c:\DCDMA\MOVIE should then have to you various information concerning your film in the named zone DialogBox with the launching of DCDMA. For those which do not know anything with the numerical video, here a summary description of information given:

= > Resolution: This is the resolution of your film. The first chifre corresponds to the dimension of the horizontal image and the second with the dimension of the vertical image.

= > Aspect Ratio: This is the largeur/hautor report/ratio. He gives you information compared to the resolution which you will have to select for your final video file.

= > frames/secondes: frames/seconde numbers.

= > Frames: Total frames of your film numbers.

= > Duration: aproximative duration of your video in minutes.

- first of all Choose a resolution while clicking on the suitable button. You should then see appearing in the dialogbox the resolution selected like its ratio.

To choose your resolution, it is necessary quite simply that you find a ratio which approaches as much as possible that of your video initial. For example for a film that you wish encoder which possede a ratio of 1.8, it will be necessary for you to choose a resolution of 360*200.

- the encoding of your video proceeds now in two times (for the curious ones, to refer has the article DCDivx n?2 on http://metagames.free.fr/articles.php?cat=Dreamcast) to launch the first master key of encoding, click on Lancer the first master key, quite simply;). once that the premiere master key is finished, it does not remain you any more that to click on the button throw the second master key to finish the encoding film. The generated video file is with the root of the hard disk (C: \)

The file created names DCDivxmovie.avi.

- You do not have any more but to engrave film and to read it with DCDivx on your Dreamcast! (for all precision concerning the engraving of DCDivx or of film, please consult http://metagames.free.fr, you will find there many information concerning the video on Dreamcast and other consoles)

Note: During each encoding a file divx.log as well as a file mvinfo.bin in the repertory C is created: \. I advise you to remove them ap?s each conversion (not after the premiere passes but after the end of the encoding, i.e. the second master key!!!)

Some technical precise details compared to the type of encoding used by DCDMA:

For this second version of DCDMA, only the codecs divx 5.0.2 are supported. If you wish to use others codecs like the xvid or the codecs divx 4.12 for example, want to refer to tutoriaux VirtualDub of the site.

Here parameters used for audio conversion and video under VirtualDub:

< Audio parameters >

- 24000 Hz

- St?reo

- Compression MP3 7KB/s

- Precision (No Changes)

< Parameters vid?os >

- Compression divx 5.0.2 Pro 2 master keys

- Bidirectional Encoding

- Bitrate: 850 Kbps

- MVFile/Protect MVFile Uses

- MaxKeyFrame Interval: 300

- Quantizer Maximum: 12

- Performance/Quality: Slowest

- Resolution: determined by the user (PreciseBilinear)

Help:

- Remote loading of the files or programs necessary:

All the files are available on my Internet site http://metagames.free.fr. For lack of time, I could not include in this readme the addresses of the official sites virtualdub and DCDivx and all the bonds concerning the tutoriaux ones. This version is beta and is far from being finalized...

- Assistance concerning the operation of the utility: To use (and only) the forum located at: http://metagames.free.fr/forum/.

For all other questions also use the forum.

For all suggestion or contribution to the project, to contact me with metagames@free.fr.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
leo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by leo » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:21 am

OK, I'm happy to see that this tool can help people...

Just a little thing: the adress mentionned in this readme is out and you can check the papers for DCDMA at the new adress: http://www.metagames-fr.com

Note:I think I will release a new version for DCDMA very soon (propably this week)
Bye :)
Automata0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Automata0 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:15 pm

hrm... I just wish I didn't have to be there to click the pass buttons. Is there any way to import the settings used in the program into Virtual Dub and then just run it as a batch job? I'd really like to just set up a nice big list and then let it go for like the whole day.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:53 pm

merci beaucoup! Je regrette que ne parle pas le francais bien mais vous etez tres generous! Merci bien de tout de DC emulation. Je telecharge maintenant :D
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:10 pm

je peut transmettre des versiones dan l'italien et espagnol et anglais. Si vous veulez. Je parle Espagnol, Italien et Anglais tres bien.
leo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by leo » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:31 am

Hi,
Automadata:
hrm... I just wish I didn't have to be there to click the pass buttons. Is there any way to import the settings used in the program into Virtual Dub and then just run it as a batch job? I'd really like to just set up a nice big list and then let it go for like the whole day.
OK, excuse me but I'm not sure to understand what you are saying (I'm french...)
But if you want to see what are the setting used in DCDMA to configure Virtual Dub, you have to open the .vcf files with virtualdub. For the next release, I think that it will be possible to import your own settings for VD in DCDMA...
Sickliquid86
je peut transmettre des versiones dan l'italien et espagnol et anglais. Si vous veulez. Je parle Espagnol, Italien et Anglais tres bien.
If you want to made translation, please contact me on the metagames message boards( http://www.metagames-fr.com/forum/ )
Thanks for your help
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Nico0020 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:52 pm

any chance of DVD/VOB support in the future?
Nifty tool, but I agress. do you ever plan on implementing this?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
leo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by leo » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:29 am

OK
I'm now working on the third beta version of my tool. I don't think that the mpeg2 conversion will be release on this version, but there is a lot of chance for the beta 4 ! So be patient!
I'm actually working on a php forum script so i've not a lot of time for dcdma but i hope that the new version will be release at the end of the week.
zEro82386
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by zEro82386 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:43 pm

I think u got a great program here. Also this may be the wrong topic but has anyone got an idea how to resize widescreen movies so there not super small when you watch them on DC, And is there a simpler way to encode, My pc will take 1day, 43minutes and 6 seconds to encode terminator 2. :(
Ralph, Ralphed, To Ralph upon<BR>
<BR>
Commonly used to describe spewing of chunks from the mouth.<BR>
<BR>
Ex. Im gonna ralph if you fart again.<BR>
Ex. Billy ralphed all over his father.<BR>
leo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by leo » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:38 am

Hello,
I've made a win98 patch for DCDMA. (to patch the win98 error with the /D comutator)
Dowload it from this link: http://metaserveur.free.fr/patchedbat.zip.
Extract all files in the BAT directory (in the DCDMA folder) to erase previous files. It should work...
HitenMitsurugi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

error with audio

Post by HitenMitsurugi » Mon May 26, 2003 12:11 am

sorry i am new at this
but when i try to run pass 2 i get an audio error
it says that the requested conversion cannot be done
i have installed the lame and radium codecs
leo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by leo » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:39 am

law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:54 am

can someone do an english translation of the readme ? i am trying, but some words i just dont know =)
ImageImage
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:13 pm

4.12 and 5.0.2 divx codecs

can it support 5.0 (what I am using in virutal dub to encode my dc divx files
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:47 am

I downloaded this tool a couple of months ago but i still havent got round to using it and making a DCDivX i will have to test it one day as it makes life so much easier for DCDivX encoding. :)
Regards.

CyberMick.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:06 am

molotovwars wrote:4.12 and 5.0.2 divx codecs

can it support 5.0 (what I am using in virutal dub to encode my dc divx files
Yes, it can.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:03 pm

can you have zip avi files?
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:14 am

popley wrote:can you have zip avi files?
no !

impossible... no avaliable ram to decompress it
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com