So what do you'all think of the game King of Fighters? (any)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dark Schneider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So what do you'all think of the game King of Fighters? (any)

Post by Dark Schneider »

I think its fairly amazing that it is still around. Especially based on these reasons.

1. Its completely 2D, not that I care, 'cept I have friends who certainly do.

2. Its on obsolete hardware dating back to ~1989, which is slightly better than a snes, thus limiting many aspects that could be better. (transparancies, music, resolution, palettes etc)

3. The company SNK who has manufactured it, has gone in and out of business.

4. The roms float around the net a month or two after the original game's release.

5. Each KOF installment (these days) has only about 3-4 new chars, and the most recent had no new chars.

I guess the only reason it may still be around is that people have identified with the chars.? What do you guys think? Or not care...
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

1) 2d rulez

2) the neogeo hardware is still some of the finest 2d animated hardware around look a Fatal Fury Mark Of The Wolves. KOf simply has bad graphx.

3) SNK is not out of business they are making pachinko machines, playmore continues to make SNK games and has hired most of the old crew.

4) The roms are for warez monkeys and do not run well on slow computers also the DC version has more stages. WHO WANTS TO PLAY KOF ON A COMPUTER!?!?!

5) Each installment adds to the plot as well as replaces old crappy characters, with new ones and adds new characters in general. Although they do need a really original sequel.

The series rules and move your thoughts on this game over the the DC discussion forum and post in KOF 2001 topic that is the KOF ranting thread.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

I have only played 95, which was a demo, and it was pretty fun.

And 2D fighters will always be better than 3D.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

you rule lil timmy 2d kix 3d's ass
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

you rule lil timmy 2d kix 3d's ass
I know :D
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

The gameplay was pretty evolved back in the day. But now just like any fighting game they don't balance the characters I absolutely hate that.