SFA3 the last Alpha/Zero game?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Exiloc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SFA3 the last Alpha/Zero game?

Post by Exiloc »

I've heard some people talk about the Street Fighter Alpha/Zero games not being produced. Just wondering if this is true.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

what?
Exiloc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Exiloc »

Sickliquid86 wrote:what?

This isn't the Null forum.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i hope not... but alpha was pre street fighter 2...so i guess its possible
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

gg
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gg »

you mean post dont you? Alpha came after 2.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

the Alpha/Zero games released after SFII, but were prequals to SFII...hence the addition of characters like Charlie, who are dead in SFII.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Vlad Tepes wrote:the Alpha/Zero games released after SFII, but were prequals to SFII...hence the addition of characters like Charlie, who are dead in SFII.
thats what i meant

... so really 3 was it and street fighter 3 was the newest in the series... i doubt alpha 4 will ever surface... too bad the alpha series i think was great!!!!
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

The SF Alpha games are my fave SF series.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Yes, the Alpha/Zero series is quite good. The first was ok, but the second was where the series really took off. I know that everyone loves the third; and although I do like the third, the second I think is just really special to me. I cann't remember how many times SF Alpha 2 10 minute breaks had given me the extra boost I needed when studying for big exams back in college. The World Tour Mode in the third chapter really helped to extend the playability of the game, but it isn't nearly as cool as unlocking stuff on Soul Calibur. After the third chapter, I guess Capcom felt that they could do no more with the series in its present state so they went to Street Fighter III with only a few characters surviving the transition while adding a bunch of others.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

anyone here see street fighter alpha the animated movie?, for the prople that didn't, it's a really good anime, you would love it if you liked street fighter 2 the animated movie, and if you like street fighter alpha you should really pick it up.
and i'd like to see another street fighter alpha game, i wonder whats capcom gonna do with street fighter 4 if they even bring it out that is, do ye think they will go 3d with it, and make it like MK:DA, or stick to 2d, and yes i know they have street fighter ex in 3d, but i'm talking about do ye think that they will make street fighter 4 in 3d, i for one hope they don't. but if they can make it better then street fighter ex, and keep the same gameplay then i wouldn't mind so much.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

Street Fighter Alpha The movie was great but I felt that Akuma should have appeard more often he looked like a bad ass and he rarely came out it get's me mad to the bone that the minute Ryu and akuma start fighting is when the credits start to roll. The animation is top notch but very few characters do make an appearance and the main villain well.. he is cool but not as much as M.Bison. I still preffer Street Fighter 2 The animated movie amazing from start to finish. Hopefully SFA2 the movie will follow the capcom tradition of being "way" better than the original. :D

SF4 can't wait.

If Capcom wanted to reduce costs they should have cut Resident Evil than my beloved SFA games.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Tank-X wrote:The SF Alpha games are my fave SF series.
Agreed, but unfortunately Capcom announced back in 1999 that Zero/Alpha 3 would be the last installment of that series. Meaning no Street Fighter Zero 4 :(
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

well at least they didn't go too far with it... alpha 2 with ken and ryu in the grassy field was AWESOME!!!
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Klonoa wrote:Street Fighter Alpha The movie was great but I felt that Akuma should have appeard more often he looked like a bad ass and he rarely came out it get's me mad to the bone that the minute Ryu and akuma start fighting is when the credits start to roll. The animation is top notch but very few characters do make an appearance and the main villain well.. he is cool but not as much as M.Bison. I still preffer Street Fighter 2 The animated movie amazing from start to finish. Hopefully SFA2 the movie will follow the capcom tradition of being "way" better than the original. :D

SF4 can't wait.

If Capcom wanted to reduce costs they should have cut Resident Evil than my beloved SFA games.
yea they could of did more with akuma, i hope they do bring out a street fighter alpha movie 2, but then i'm still waiting for street fighter 2 the amimated movie 2, cos of the ending in it, where M-bison is going to hit them with the truck. but so far the has not been a part 2 :cry:, so i don't think they will bring out a part 2 to alpha movie too, but they might bring out an animated movie of street fighter 3, or one of the vs games, or even better all of the vs games one for marvel and capcom, and another for snk and capcom, i'd love that :D.