Sound (.adx .afs and .snd) files

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
asdfname
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Sound (.adx .afs and .snd) files

Post by asdfname » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:28 pm

I'm trying to covert my snd files that I found on my games. Converting afs to adx is easy enough but when I try to convert a snd file into a wav file it comes out very scratchy. Is there a good tool that converts the sound into something that I'd actually want to listen to?
koncool
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by koncool » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:35 am

convert it to adx then to wav or mp3 :idea:
Imagesixteen-bit's tiny signature for those who are like me (on 56K)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:05 am

You do realise that converting these sounds requires you to have made a backup of your game in some shape or form, and so is forbidden according to forum rules?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer » Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:05 pm

az_bont wrote:You do realise that converting these sounds requires you to have made a backup of your game in some shape or form, and so is forbidden according to forum rules?
Well with adx and afs that is true. But snd files are should be ok. I don't think DC games use that audio format, I know some Saturn and psx games use it.

What you can do is get a plug in for winamp that supports snd files and then convert it to MP3.