What's your opinion on console warz?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Who wants console war topics to die?

I DO! I DO!
54%
they r awsme, dn't tke thm awy
25%
You suck atf
21%

Total votes: 24
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What's your opinion on console warz?

Post by atf487 »

I hate them, I'll tell you right now. It's all biased facts that nobody needs to hear. I'm all for just deleting topics, because they hinder any intellegent discussion, and cause flaming. So who's with me?
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I also hate them, as you said they are very biased and are very annoying.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

Somethings you cannot kill.. one is the sense of rebellion on people, second i console wars.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

It's all about sex. People want things because they make them feel more secure in their sexuality, and helps to make them feel more attractive. Some people do not realize this at the time when they purchase things. It's all deep inside their heads and they don't really take note of it. People do use products for other major reasons not related to sex appeal, like Linux users. But, eventually they need to subconsciously justify its place in their sex life. So the defending begins.

So, that is why everyone has console wars. They are trying to prove their sexual superiority. Therefore, console wars are about as natural as sex, so supression will just make it worse.

Just be glad it's consoles, and not Mac or Linux users. :P
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

That's a very interesting view on things, spaghetti :o .
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Who wants console war topics to die?
NOT ME! THIS SERIES IS SWEET! can't wait for part 2! get it here:
http://theforce.net/theater/animation/consolewars/

Story:
It is a period of console war. Rebel mascots, striking from an Easter egg, have won their first victory against the evil Gamepire.
During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Gamepire's new weapon, the GAMECUBE, an armored play station with enough power to render an entire planet in real time.

Pursued by the Gamepire's sinister agents, Princess Zeia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her console and restore freedom to the gamers . . .
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

The console war topics are annoying, but the flash series is good :D
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

spaghetti wrote:It's all about sex. People want things because they make them feel more secure in their sexuality, and helps to make them feel more attractive. Some people do not realize this at the time when they purchase things. It's all deep inside their heads and they don't really take note of it. People do use products for other major reasons not related to sex appeal, like Linux users. But, eventually they need to subconsciously justify its place in their sex life. So the defending begins.

So, that is why everyone has console wars. They are trying to prove their sexual superiority. Therefore, console wars are about as natural as sex, so supression will just make it worse.

Just be glad it's consoles, and not Mac or Linux users. :P
lol... someone is a fan of Sigmund Freud.. I tried to read "Interpretation of Dreams", but I stop everytime I try after about 5 pages.. :lol:
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

I take exception to a few key aspects of Console Wars's canards. In the rest of this letter, I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that I have avoided engaging in open debate with noxious, paltry numskulls -- or even acknowledging their existence -- for fear of lending them any form of legitimacy. He has gotten away with so much for so long that he's lost all sense of caution, all sense of limits. If you think about it, only a man without any sense of limits could desire to guarantee the destruction of anything that looks like a vital community. Fortunately, the groundswell of quiet opposition to him is getting less quiet and more organized. Still, he claims that his sound bites provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything. Predictably, he cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist.

When we push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about unruly hucksters, we are not only threading our way through a maze of competing interests; we are weaving the very pattern of our social fabric. Console Wars is all too typical of the sort of backwards prigs who replace discourse and open dialogue with detestable cop-outs and blatant ugliness -- an instructive warning for the future. The tone of his mottos is so far removed from reality, I find myself questioning what color the sky must be in his world. I am familiar with his goals, I understand how he operates, I have long recognized his tactics, and I know just about where he now stands on the ladder to total power. I can therefore say that, truly, I can surely suggest how he ought to behave. Ultimately, however, the burden of acting with moral rectitude lies with Console Wars himself. Strange, isn't it, how the most unconscionable fomenters of revolution you'll ever see are always the first to kill the messenger and control the message? If he had done his homework, he'd know that we have fallen into his trap. Well, that's getting away from my main topic, which is that there are two sorts of people in this world. There are those who convince innocent children to follow a path that leads only to a life of crime, disappointment, and destruction, and there are those who resolve a number of lingering problems. Console Wars fits neatly into the former category, of course. I don't want this to sound like sour grapes, but if I have a bias, it is only against filthy sociopaths who deny the obvious.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Console Wars had learned anything from history, he'd know that he is not just stupid. He is unbelievably, astronomically stupid. You may not understand this now, and I don't fault you for that, but I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that he is up to, the more shocking things, things like how he wants to paint pictures of grumpy worlds inhabited by gin-swilling proponents of pharisaism. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but his press releases are continually evolving into more and more impetuous incarnations. Here, I'm not just talking about evolution in a simply Darwinist sense; I'm also talking about how if Console Wars were as bright as he thinks he is, he'd know that he is the embodiment of everything petty in our lives. Every grievance, every envy, every immoral ideology finds expression in Console Wars. I may be beating a dead horse here, but I do want to point out that Console Wars wants us to believe that merit is adequately measured by his methods and qualifications. How stupid does he think we are? No, don't guess; this isn't audience participation day. I'll just tell you. But before I do, you should note that some people are responsible and others are not. Console Wars falls into the category of "not". Unfortunately, I can already see the response to this letter. Someone, possibly Console Wars himself or one of his foot soldiers, will write a smarmy piece about how jackbooted I am. If that's the case, then so be it. What I just wrote sorely needed to be written.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

My opinion of the console wars? Simple. Own them all.

*Glances over at his Gamecube, Xbox, and Playstation 2 sitting side by side in unity and harmony*

And I'd also like to point out that I agree with everything metalgearray said.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

lmao @ metalgearray :P
odinsblade
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by odinsblade »

Linux ownz alL!!!!i am a geek to the /Root :lol: (if you dont know what /Root is, and you call yourself a computer geek, you should be ashamed..)
My two cents, Odinsblade.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

yeah i want them to go away,because there is no console greater than the Okana GameSphere!
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Blank
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Blank »

Console wars bring the best and worst out of people.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

odinsblade wrote:Linux ownz alL!!!!i am a geek to the /Root :lol: (if you dont know what /Root is, and you call yourself a computer geek, you should be ashamed..)
I'm more of a /bin man myself
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

/usr is quite cool too, but I personally prefer /
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Console wars derive from Fanboyism. And to understand Console wars, we must understand fanboys.

What makes someone a fanboy? Jealousy. Whenever someone can afford only one system, they're going to defend their own and make fun of all the others. I know this for sure. Whenever I was planning on getting my PS2 for launch, I was really looking forward to it. The moment I wasn't able to come up with the money for it I was saying nothing but negative things about it which usually was followed by "Hail Dreamcast!"

All we can do is wait for the small children of today to grow up -- because they will eventually, hopefully..(coughmikocough) simply realize what a gamer is: Someone who plays video games for what they are. Not by which company they're made by or what system they're on. But for the time and effort the developers put into this work of art for you to lose your life to. Given if the Game Publisher is known to enslave asian boys to produce the games, THEN you can boycott them :P

Maybe one day people will judge games and games alone. If we covered up all the consoles at the stores and put PC controllers on them, people would pay attention to the games more. Instead of saying "PS2 is awesome" they may say "Jak and Daxter is awesome."
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Seriously if one good thing has come out of the Console Wars it's the Flash cartoon.
It's worth the download!!!! You'll thank me later.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

impetus wrote:Seriously if one good thing has come out of the Console Wars it's the Flash cartoon.
It's worth the download!!!! You'll thank me later.
This one's better - http://www.somethingawful.com/firemanco ... olewar.htm :)
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If there based on facts I have no problem with them. But people who come in with "Ps2 sucks cause Sony made it" gets old.

If you don't like a console don't buy games for it. I personally am very unhappy with the Ps2 right now. After owning a Xbox and GC I can't bring myself to buy the low quality games on the PS2. Feels like Im buying a game for a old out of date console. If square would go to GC or Xbox Id throw that Ps2 on Ebay in a heartbeat.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665