non linear video games in the future?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

non linear video games in the future?

Post by Veggita2099 »

perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Man that's sweet.

Gotta ask though...Howcome Americans are reading the BBC's website all of a sudden ? Any particular reason ? Zull posted up a BBC link to the Jedi's too...

Do you guys get the BBC on like Digital or something ?
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

perry2175 wrote:Man that's sweet.

Gotta ask though...Howcome Americans are reading the BBC's website all of a sudden ? Any particular reason ? Zull posted up a BBC link to the Jedi's too...

Do you guys get the BBC on like Digital or something ?
i get too many channels and perfer indian women with brittish accents reading my news. danke brits.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I think Peter Moleneux (creator of Black & White) is making one
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I think we get BBC on satellite. I don't know, because I don't have satellite myself, but that's what I heard.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I get BBC on my digital cable.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

it won't happen.... low profits
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

Fable is supposed to be very open ended, but just how much remains to be seen. What the article seems to imply is that you can make a video game which is able to create stories on the fly, as if that were as simple as programming some rules into the game. If I understand it correctly, it may be possible, as most stories can be reduced to simple events and themes (man vs. man, man vs. nature, man vs. himself, etc.), but would that make for interesting games? Wouldn't that mean that any game could turn into any other game storywise?
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I remember one game where you could kill every character in it, with the exception of the lead villain. It did affect the outcome and made it interesting.

I would like to see more interactive worlds, but it is very hard to program that type of thing in. Multiple branching game pathways with multiple endings is a good start, but I want more, personally. I hope this new stuff works out good and isn't too expensive.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

That sounds really cool but dont the newer RPG's like Morrowwind have many of the same attributes? I realize that it is not fully free, but you can kill anyone and do junk like that and pay the consequences.