Dreampassport and Java emulators

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
moora101
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreampassport and Java emulators

Post by moora101 »

Hello...

Just a question, has anyone tried DreamPassport with the various Java emulators available (spectrum, zx81 etc)?

I know Java isn't the fastest :) but maybe some of the older systems may emulate OK....

I was going to dl it and give it a go.. but thought I should ask incase it's another coaster being burned!! :twisted:

Moora101
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

You'll just get errors with the emulators, such as the java emulator wanting some window specific dll's or what not.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I just can't see XDP running a JAVA-based EMU...
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.