Where to get DVD cases

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
fsterman
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to get DVD cases

Post by fsterman »

Someone might have already posted something like this but I will say it again: The best place to get DVD covers is from the garbage.
"Say What!?" You ask?
Yes, garbage as in dumpster diving. I find a ton everytime I go to Hollywood Video, literally 50-100 every time. I don't know if Blockbuster or any other do it because I usually just keep in mind that I need a new DVD case and the next time I get a movie I just dive on my way out.
Anyway I just thought it might help someone. :)
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Umm I dont know if this is the right forum for telling us this info.... But THANKS :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

hell, who cares, free is free
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Hmmm, interresting, are they the actual DVD cases from the movies, or their own brand of DVD cases?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

wrong forum. moved to off topic.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Dude, I eamn you actually don't mind people seeing you rooting through bins ?
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Free DVD cases in the mail every week. Thank you aol.

I get free DVD keepcases with every disk in a spindle of blank DVD media I buy.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

someoneElse wrote:Free DVD cases in the mail every week. Thank you aol.

I get free DVD keepcases with every disk in a spindle of blank DVD media I buy.
Yeah AOL cases lol, flimsy..but good enough for nothing.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

perry2175 wrote:Dude, I eamn you actually don't mind people seeing you rooting through bins ?
While I wouldn't go on a fullon dumpster-dive, having a little root around the piles of old PCs lying outside our Uni ready to be trashed proved too much of a temptation to resist. I didn't find anything of real interest, other than some old-looking CRTs with BNC connectors that proved far too bulky to steal and carry home :lol:
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

If I need to get DVD cases, there are packs of 10 or so at Wal-Mart for not much
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

sixteen-bit wrote:
perry2175 wrote:Dude, I eamn you actually don't mind people seeing you rooting through bins ?
While I wouldn't go on a fullon dumpster-dive, having a little root around the piles of old PCs lying outside our Uni ready to be trashed proved too much of a temptation to resist. I didn't find anything of real interest, other than some old-looking CRTs with BNC connectors that proved far too bulky to steal and carry home :lol:
hell if i see a pile of pc parts laying on the side of the street, i check them out, if there is something useful i'll take it

you may find something very nice like i did about a year ago

fully working pII 300mhz with 96mb ram and a 6gig harddrive, had a 32x cdrom too
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Haha! I did it like 30 minutes ago. LOL! Sure enough there were like at least 50 DVD cases. Also full complete PS2/Gamecube/X-Box game manuals as well. :o

The manager chick seen me though (I think she seen me) she's soooo cute too... I told my dad... "next time i'll try doing that at a time in the early mornings" :P

I always thought dumpster diving was illegal though?

Oh well I ended up with 4 regular DVD cases, plus about 8 Hollywood Video style DVD cases. :D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

damn to bad there is no hollywood video places near me, i will check blockbuster.
i need some nice cases for my saturn games i will have soon.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

WTF is a 'hollywood Video style' one ?
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

perry2175 wrote:WTF is a 'hollywood Video style' one ?

Probably either the big VHS sized blue plastic DVD cases, or the thin blue plastic cases with the cheap one piece spindle clip molded into the back of the case.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

someoneElse wrote:
perry2175 wrote:WTF is a 'hollywood Video style' one ?

Probably either the big VHS sized blue plastic DVD cases, or the thin blue plastic cases with the cheap one piece spindle clip molded into the back of the case.
If it's the stupid clip-open ones, then you're gonna have some stupid 'An insight into our sewers' case with your game in it :P
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Post by xxlenigma »

Warmachine wrote:Umm I dont know if this is the right forum for telling us this info.... But THANKS :D
Hey hes helping you out MAN :P