Dreamcast commercials - place to get?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast commercials - place to get?

Post by Lartrak »

I'm making a disc for the video game store I work at, which has a rarely looked at DC display, and I wanted to put some DC commercials on there (along with some emulators, nxDoom, a few other things). Anyone know a place to get them?
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

http://dc.ign.com should have a whole bunch of media clips. A lot are in Japanese though. Does your store have an online site? :mrgreen:

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage ... ommercials
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If your planning on Selling those commercials or emulators that is illegal. Even if you say there free for buying a Dreamcast (or other store item) its illegal. In fact I don't think you can even give them away for free period if your a business.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Veggita2099 wrote:If your planning on Selling those commercials or emulators that is illegal. Even if you say there free for buying a Dreamcast (or other store item) its illegal. In fact I don't think you can even give them away for free period if your a business.
Yes you can - you just can't sell them. Oh, and be careful with stuff like emulators and nxDoom. You can't distribute ROMs, and you can't distribute the registered/commercial data from Doom. I'm not even sure you can distribute the shareware version on a CD, but I assume you could.

Of course, if it's just for a display and you don't intend to give them away, go ahead.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Id say you could give away the shareware version of Doom On CD.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

id software, in the endscreen of Doom shareware, wrote:DOOM: Knee-Deep in the Dead can be freeley distributed
Direct quote there, including the strange colours.
id software, in the endscreen of Doom shareware, without the stupid colours this time, wrote:DOOM: Knee-Deep in the Dead can be freeley distributed
I guess that means we can freeley distribute it, and that (to me at least) means we can put it on a Dreamcast CD with nxDoom and give it away. Just don't sell it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

"If your planning on Selling those commercials or emulators that is illegal. Even if you say there free for buying a Dreamcast (or other store item) its illegal. In fact I don't think you can even give them away for free period if your a business."

We're not selling or giving any away. It's just a display to catch peoples eye, I know about the legal issues of emulation, etc. I don't want to get fired. :mrgreen:

We have nintendo reps that come by, I'm sure they'd be pretty miffed if we were selling/giving away said discs. In fact, because of the nintendo reps, I've considered deleting the NES portion of it. I don't think I actually will.. I'm just gonna reduce it to ROMs of cartridges I actually own or something...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Lartrak wrote:"If your planning on Selling those commercials or emulators that is illegal. Even if you say there free for buying a Dreamcast (or other store item) its illegal. In fact I don't think you can even give them away for free period if your a business."

We're not selling or giving any away. It's just a display to catch peoples eye, I know about the legal issues of emulation, etc. I don't want to get fired. :mrgreen:

We have nintendo reps that come by, I'm sure they'd be pretty miffed if we were selling/giving away said discs. In fact, because of the nintendo reps, I've considered deleting the NES portion of it. I don't think I actually will.. I'm just gonna reduce it to ROMs of cartridges I actually own or something...
Technically, even displaying those commercials without the permission of the copyright holder is illegal. Of corse this does not apply to personal, home use.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

And you are doing this for.... You got to be very careful.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

feels wrote:Here's another one... http://segadreamworld.tripod.com/movies.html
Any way to watch those vids on your PC?
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Use Bero's SFD2MPG converter. Although I believe that most of those video's are offline now.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

ShadowofBob wrote:Use Bero's SFD2MPG converter. Although I believe that most of those video's are offline now.
Yeah you are right. Just about every link I clicked on is broken. I really wanted to see that Castlevania Resurrection video.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Here's a working Castlevania Resurrection video:

http://dcmovies.ign.com/media/previews/ ... /pre01.mov
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

excellent find, surprised IGN still has that up.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

ign bugs me they did that ikaruga preview but no review in fact they have skipped out on a about 20 dc games most of them new :roll: and they charge 30 a year to look at their stupid site I go to VG playground or Gamespot :mrgreen: