Importers Beware

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Importers Beware

Post by Napoleon »

Well it's not a big deal but it happened to a buddy of mine, he ordered a PAL version of Headhunter and it was all in German. He got it off ebay I believe, so I?m sure it doesn?t happen at online shops but I thought it was worth mentioning.

The seller said he will exchange the game, but I wanted to save someone else from the inconvenience.
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

Since PAL games are designed for the European market, most have an option to change the language.

Have you tried to find it?

Hope that helps
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

That would be a good way for me to practice my German...
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

frankfurter!
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Well, if you order from an actual import shop, or from a shop in England then it will be in English...

Head Hunter is a big game, versions came out for each language so there is no language option...
Sin-Tex

Post by Sin-Tex »

Not exactly dc related, but i bought FF8 the day before it's release date.
Not going to mention what store but thay get there games dilvered before the release dates when FF8 came in i took mine home only to notice it ws in German :cry: Since there is no laungage options i ended up having to wait for them to receave another delivery, just had to wait 1 day though for next day delivery.
vons
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

if u.......

Post by vons »

hey if u really want the game go to http://www.cdrom-guide.com for trade instead of buying it...
DC RULES!
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Links

Post by APE »

Just give us a link to a site where we can get it imported! Not ebay, I dont like getting games from ebay.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I used National Console Support when I ordered Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Head Hunter. They were very prompt and helpful as well.

http://www.ncsx.com

However, on ebay, it is important to see from whom you are
ordering from. It is imperative that you check their feedback, and read the description (if they have one). I always keep my eyes open for imports on ebay (especially for Fighting Vipers 2 (why didn't Sega bring it to the U.S.???)), but I have noticed that there are several individuals who are selling PAL games and advertising in German. If they advertise in German, then I can see it would be possible that it might not be in English.

Overall, I buy and sell on ebay generally without problems.

O well, I've got to get back to selling!!