Headhunter

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
shaklee3
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Headhunter

Post by shaklee3 »

Just for any of you who haven't tried it yet, I reccomend the game headhunter. If you like shenmue style games but with shooting and lots of action it is an amazing game. One of my favorites on the dreamcast so far. You should be able to pick it up at your local import store as it was only released in Europe.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Yes, Headhunter is great. It's one of my favorite DC games and I love the mix of stealth and action. It's a game that everyone should check out for sure. By the way, does anyone know what the dev's are doing now? I know Amuse developed it and Sega published it, but I don't know what the development team is up to now...
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Post by xxlenigma »

Yeah it's just another game that shocked me at just how really good it really turned out to be.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

You have a local import store by u?? Does anyone know any good sites to buy them?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Post by xxlenigma »

Warmachine wrote:You have a local import store by u?? Does anyone know any good sites to buy them?
Check ebay first dude :wink: .
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Re: Headhunter

Post by ben15dc »

shaklee3 wrote:Just for any of you who haven't tried it yet, I reccomend the game headhunter. If you like shenmue style games but with shooting and lots of action it is an amazing game. One of my favorites on the dreamcast so far. You should be able to pick it up at your local import store as it was only released in Europe.
Thanks dude, I always wanted to buy Head Hunter ever since it came out, If it would have been in the US i would have bought it definitly.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

You could buy it for the PS2, but it's an inferior port. :( (damn acklame!)
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

The Dreamcast version is Awesome. One of the best DC games. Never played the PS2 version. And I don't really want to. :mrgreen:
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

It's a good game but I'm stuck on disc 1. I can't get past the boss with the robot spiders. I know you need to guide them to the door and make them jump at it but when I press the button to jump they just blow up.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Captain Tokyo wrote:It's a good game but I'm stuck on disc 1. I can't get past the boss with the robot spiders. I know you need to guide them to the door and make them jump at it but when I press the button to jump they just blow up.
If I remember correctly, you need to press the button twice; once to make them jump and then once again for it to explode "properly".
Last edited by sixteen-bit on Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaklee3
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by shaklee3 »

Captain Tokyo wrote:It's a good game but I'm stuck on disc 1. I can't get past the boss with the robot spiders. I know you need to guide them to the door and make them jump at it but when I press the button to jump they just blow up.
kill 2 of the 3 spiders first, then stun the second and you have to jump from quite a ways a way. almost right after you run under the last cubicle. BTW, you fight him again later in the game =)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

SYSTEMatic wrote:You could buy it for the PS2, but it's an inferior port. :( (damn acklame!)
WHat's wrong with it? I've only ever played the demo.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

If I remember correctly, you need to press the button twice; once to make them jump and then once again for it to explode "properly".
Yes, that is what it tells you to do, but they explode the first time I push the button. :|
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Captain Tokyo wrote:
Yes, that is what it tells you to do, but they explode the first time I push the button. :|
That means you're taking too long to get to them - you need to shoot them once when you're close, then quickly select them for control.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Okay, shoot the spider once and go up to it. You'll be able to go into the spider view and then hit begin to run at the enemy. (The guy in the vault thingy) press the jump button so that you hit the door and he should be damaged.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

az_bont wrote:
SYSTEMatic wrote:You could buy it for the PS2, but it's an inferior port. :( (damn acklame!)
WHat's wrong with it? I've only ever played the demo.
I haven't played it, but the scores ranged from 6's to 7's at most. I'm guessing there is control issues and some slow down, but I'm not completely sure.
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

I finishd the game and got Axs to the STAR locker
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
shaklee3
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by shaklee3 »

yup, just beat the game. Awesome final boss.