ordering from liksang - info required

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
sjorrel
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ordering from liksang - info required

Post by sjorrel »

Hi,

I fancy buying some stuff from linksang.com

What sort of delivery charge can i expect to pay? I know it depends on the item - but is it managable?

How long would i have to wait for an order to be delivered?

Are they reliable?

any info would be good!

ta
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Shipping is rather expensive, you might get discouraged when you go to check out and find your cheap items aren't so cheap after shipping. The ratio of shipping cost to merchandise cost improves as you order more stuff though, and again, it depends what you are ordering.

They will tell you before you ship out what it will cost.

As for speed, depending on how much you want to pay for fast shipping ... if you really can't wait, their UPS express shipping can go from HK to where I live in California in less than 48 hours. Plus you get a tracking number, so you can see where your package is.

Exciting!

Three orders and I haven't had a problem with them, nor do I know anyone who has. So I'd say they are reliable as any Hong Kong mail order company is likely to be.

Also, they have an affiliate program with various websites, where if you click through a banner ad at a website and make an order, the website with the ad gets around a 7% commision (preshipping). So you can support some of your favorite sites that way. Two such sites are http://www.smspower.org and http://www.dcvision.com
Jagaadelic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Jagaadelic »

I also haven't had problems with any of my orders from Lik-sang.

Well, once I ordered a fairly expensive item ($300) and had it shipped FedEx. About a week after I received it FedEx sent me a duty fee of $23, but I noticed if you can get the item shipped via air mail you do not have to pay any duty (or atleast I haven't had to, yet).

Using air mail it only took about 9 days to reach the East coast (in the US). The item I had shipped by FedEx was delayed 12 days due to the attack on Sept. 11, so I cannot give you an estimate on how long that should have taken.
DC Compatibility Lists
-[d]colem
-Dream-O-Rama
-SMEG
-oddDC
Hosted by Consolevision
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

I recently ordered a joypad and another very small item for my Saturn and postage was only about ?7 (to the UK) and it arrived in a little over a week, I also got a free DVD previewing upcoming next-gen game releases, but alas they have run out of those now :(.

I hope this helps :)
Drink your weak lemon drink now!