C4 emulation implementation

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
funkyass
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C4 emulation implementation

Post by funkyass »

I just noticed that dreamsnes now has C4 support.

I was wonder how you did it; my first guess would be you translated the zsnes ASM core to C code, the other guess is that you have some ASM gods on the dev team.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Well, theres a few other SNES emulators out that support C4. So my guess is that they reverse engineer'd it and programmed it in.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Koji
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Koji »

Me and Funkyass are mods on the Snes9x forums... People who are using the Mac port are interested in getting C4 ported to mac. If the code has been ported to C/C++ it would be nice if you one of the authors of Dream snes could contact the developers on the snes9x board so we can get C4 emulation put on all snes9x ports.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

It be nice if they used the lastest Snes9x source too but they dont. It would bring the whole thing up to new level.
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

Yeah, reintegrating standard code and removing all the DC specific tweaks...that would...um...speed things up quite nicely...yes.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Wasgo wrote:Yeah, reintegrating standard code and removing all the DC specific tweaks...that would...um...speed things up quite nicely...yes.
No no no. Just update to some bug fixs of the new source and seeing how sound aint that great re write the new sound over to SH4(If they want full speed there gonna have to redo it sooner or later).