emulators for consoles other than dreamcast? xbox, psx etc..

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
channelx99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

emulators for consoles other than dreamcast? xbox, psx etc..

Post by channelx99 »

nothing against the dreamcast- its nice to be able to play genesis and snes games without any mods or boot disks, but from what i hear there are emulators for both xbox and ps2 that run those systems at 100% speed, as well as an n64 emulator. anyone have any info on these and any sites for them?
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Well, the first thing people will tell you is that most xbox emus are illegal, because the software dev kit used to created them is microsofts property.

Second, with the exception of the nes emu, none of the PS2 emus are 100 percent done. Thats to say they dont run full speed. The genesis emu runs near full speed, and maybe even better than "segagen", but it has compatibility issues, and wont play every rom you want it to.

As far as xbox emulation, I cant say for certain, because I dont have one, BUT I hear a lot of great things, like a full speed snes emu, full speed genesis emu, full speed mame emu, etc. Of course, modding your xbox might make it impossible to use xbox live!, but hey, if youre rich you can just buy two, right? :lol:
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I heard that the PS2 genesis emulator could play every rom people have tried and at full speed. There's only one legal Xbox emulator, but I don't think it's a popular system, otherwise I probably would have remembered it. :lol:
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

TreyDay wrote:I heard that the PS2 genesis emulator could play every rom people have tried and at full speed. There's only one legal Xbox emulator, but I don't think it's a popular system, otherwise I probably would have remembered it. :lol:
I've burned multiple copies, (eh maybe I shouldnt be admitting this :? ), and it definetely has bugs. For one, RC-Beta1 save are incompatible with beta 2. Strider/SFIICE/Sonic and Knuckles are just some of the titles that wouldnt work for me personally, although there were quite a few games that would play one time, and then not play the next time I booted it up.

Dont get me wrong, its a fantastic emu, but there are plenty of issues to clear up before the next release. (i hope)
channelx99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by channelx99 »

at the risk of sounding illegal- now with the comercialization of burning dvds, wouldnt it be possible to make a self booting disk for either ps2 or xbox?
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

It Might Be Nes http://imbnes.gamebase.ca/ - a good NES emulator for PSX. The sound works, but doesnt sound near as perfect as nesterDC. If your just wanting to mess around with something nes IMBNES is a good place to start, it runs on the normal PSX [ps1]. It will run on a PS/2 but the menu is all black so you have to print the rom bank list in order to know what game your going to play. Its not near as nice as nesterdc though. But before i got a DC, i was using IMBNES, so that is where i first started with running emu's on a console.[/url]
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

-Azathoth- wrote:
TreyDay wrote:I heard that the PS2 genesis emulator could play every rom people have tried and at full speed. There's only one legal Xbox emulator, but I don't think it's a popular system, otherwise I probably would have remembered it. :lol:
I've burned multiple copies, (eh maybe I shouldnt be admitting this :? ), and it definetely has bugs. For one, RC-Beta1 save are incompatible with beta 2. Strider/SFIICE/Sonic and Knuckles are just some of the titles that wouldnt work for me personally.
Didn't you say that SMD files worked a lot better (the opposite of DC's most evil emulator)?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Hublahblah
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Hublahblah »

PGEN plays almost every genesis rom at full speed and sound
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Hublahblah wrote:PGEN plays almost every genesis rom at full speed and sound
Kinda fullspeed.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

channelx99 wrote:at the risk of sounding illegal- now with the comercialization of burning dvds, wouldnt it be possible to make a self booting disk for either ps2 or xbox?
I beleive it is the same issue as with trying to just burn a cd for the ps1. There is that security code that regular burners just can't pick up. Only good a DvD burner would do is play illegal commercial games basically. Well you could fit more roms on it also. However if its like the emu's on DC I wouldn't want more then 100 roms on a disc cause it takes forever for the menu to load. As cheap as a CD-R is compared to a DvD-R your better off just burning a few emu's on cd-r instead of one big dvd-r.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

theres a lg cdrw that can copy the bad sectors of an original psx game so u can play it without a mod chip...but i think the only program supporting it is clone cd
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

az_bont wrote:
-Azathoth- wrote:
I've burned multiple copies, (eh maybe I shouldnt be admitting this :? ), and it definetely has bugs. For one, RC-Beta1 save are incompatible with beta 2. Strider/SFIICE/Sonic and Knuckles are just some of the titles that wouldnt work for me personally.
Didn't you say that SMD files worked a lot better (the opposite of DC's most evil emulator)?
Yeah, that was after a cd-r-depleting day of burning multiple copies in multiple formats. :lol:

I started to wonder if its just the emu in general though, because I've had success in both formats. BIN and SMD. I think that the emu just needs time to clear the previously played rom.....but definitely, there were some games that I could never get to work.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

the xbox emu's mostly run full speed....

snes
genesis
nes
atari
mame (most games run perfectly... neogeo as well)
and basicly everythign else....

full speed, high res divx as well, along with mp3 (and all other vid and audio formats) too ...... and you can use the dvd remote to controll them =p
--pSyCo
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

Apple ][ which was very popular for gaming.

The emulators for Xbox run basically at full speed, there's a few glitches here and there (gbax and dgenx for example) but very good. better than the dreamcast could ever achieve.
channelx99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by channelx99 »

pSyCo wrote:the xbox emu's mostly run full speed....

snes
genesis
nes
atari

full speed, high res divx as well, along with mp3 (and all other vid and audio formats) too ...... and you can use the dvd remote to controll them =p

xbox sounds like the way to go- do you know any places i could get more info and get started on this?
channelx99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by channelx99 »

pSyCo wrote:the xbox emu's mostly run full speed....

snes
genesis
nes
atari

xbox sounds like the way to go- do you know any places i could get more info and get started on this?
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

hmmm best check http://xbox-emulation.co.uk/

(what happened to the shameless plug at the top of the forums??? :o )
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

TheAxeMan wrote:hmmm best check http://xbox-emulation.co.uk/

(what happened to the shameless plug at the top of the forums??? :o )
It's MIA since the last forum attack. :(
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Re: emulators for consoles other than dreamcast? xbox, psx etc..

Post by ninja »

channelx99 wrote:nothing against the dreamcast- its nice to be able to play genesis and snes games without any mods or boot disks, but from what i hear there are emulators for both xbox and ps2 that run those systems at 100% speed, as well as an n64 emulator. anyone have any info on these and any sites for them?

the thing to keep in mind about the x-box and ps/2 is that there are more powerful than the dreamcast. Its kind of like saying the difference between a pinto and a viper. Ya, the pinto will get you from point A to point B, but it takes you longer to get up to speed. Now if you use the viper you will get from Point A to Point B faster because you could get up to speed a lot quicker. PLUS the viper can go a hell of a lot faster.

bad comparison i know, but you get the idea.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:other sites to note:

http://xbox.consolevision.com
That site doesn't exist yet.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!