maybe one day, online homebrew games ?

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
polochon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

maybe one day, online homebrew games ?

Post by polochon »

check Boob! http://www.boob.co.uk/

After doing a bit of googling, I recently found a Connexant/Rockwell pdf relevant to the Dreamcast modem :)
For anyone who wants to have a hack-about, modem registers 0x00-0x1f are mapped to 0xA0600004 and following on the dreamcast, with 0xA0600000 being a general modem id / enable h/w register.
The modem is designed to have programs run on its dsp, but can also seemingly be merely controlled via direct register writes. Already, NickK has made some great progress tinkering with it, and this would be a very cool piece of hardware to have supported both for developmental purposes (connecting it to direct to pc) and for other (online) projects.
Anyhow you can download the pdf from the Developer docs page and check out this thread on the forums.
Le site sur l'?mulation dreamcast en fran?ais c'est http://www.dcreload.fr.st

oggy aka polochon ;)
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

we can only hope :D
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

If we get to that level, I'm certainly going to attempt to add network, modem and internet play to nxDoom (or as many as I can manage).
EloTheIceMan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by EloTheIceMan »

I sure hope so but it is very doubtfull that we will ever see the day :(
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Hello, welcome to last week. We surely hope you enjoy your stay.

If you were seriously following this at all you would know that NickK on the Boob forums has gotten v.22 protocol working and is currently adding the rest. A modem version of dc-tool is to follow soon after.

Also use the search button near the top of these forums. Search for modem. Sorted by date. Those last few concern the recent developments.
No signature.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

Hmm a modem version of dc-tool aye ... be nice , then i wouldn't have to use the short serial cable, and actually use my tv for once instead of my tv-in on my pc.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.