DC: 7 or so years from now

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC: 7 or so years from now

Post by Tails Prower »

What do you think the DC will be like 7 years from now, I mean, i still find time to break out my Genesis and SNES when i feel like playing old shool games, and I'm gonna keep my DC for a LOOONG time, maybe even make a Sega Time Capsule. heh. What about u guys?
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmm

Post by shawn27199 »

they will be dusty and broken down. and those who have backups will be happy. but as for emuss. we will see them on ps2,xbox,gamecube as well. cause it happened on psx it will happen on the rest.
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

My Dc will be around in 7 years being my most praised console.... since i doubt i'll be getting a new system for awhile.
IUG-13

hmm

Post by IUG-13 »

[quote=shawn27199]
they will be dusty and broken down. and those who have backups will be happy. but as for emuss. we will see them on ps2,xbox,gamecube as well. cause it happened on psx it will happen on the rest.
[/quote]
I'm agreeing with this, because if the Xbox comes out with a DCemu, then I will play it on that, along with the Xbox's other emus. But until then, I will use my DC.
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

7 years from now?

i'll be playing dc games on my pc. i perfer my pc 2 run emus.

so y do i post here then?

heh tough question.
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

heh in 7 years, there will be DC emus on like PS8 :D
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Hell, I still play SMS and NES games.

In a decade, my DC will be alive and flash kicking :D :D :D
Only777
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Seven years from now

Post by Only777 »

In seven years time Only 777 will be the leaders in the games industry.
Bobot
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bobot »

I still play all of my old systems that actually work, so I don't see any reason that my Dreamcast will be put away.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

In 7 years from now, the Dreamcast will still reign supreme in certain arenas because:

a) For the time being, the Dreamcast was the last system to get any SNK games, such as the truly phenomenal Last Blade 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and King of Fighters 99 & 99 Evolution (well PSX has the latter but that's about it).

b) With evidence from a), the Dreamcast is the undisputed king of the 2d fighers. I once thought that my Saturn was supreme (it is still super), but the Dreamcast just cann't be touched. Everyone else is going 3d, and my guess is that there probably won't be much in terms of 2d on other platforms other than Capcom vs. SNK 2 (supposedly rumors of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but that is about it).

c) Since the Dreamcast was built from Naomi, there are a ton of arcade games/arcade style games on this system in comparison to other systems. Due to the number of arcade or party style games, this system cann't be forgotten.

d) Emulation. The average person in a game store or mall only sees a Dreamcast. I see about a dozen systems in 1. The only other versatile system to date would be the PS2 being backward compatible. Other than that, Dreamcast is #1.

e) People want great game play first before they consider super graphics. Although several will dispute this, why would individuals pay more for let us say Castlevania 1 on the NES rather than Sierra's pool game on the Dreamcast? Thus, all of the great games from the emulated system will be playable on this system.

f) Ports. Who can deny the truly great pc games such as: Doom , Doom 2, and Quake? If these were commercial releases with full online support, everyone would have bought this.

g) It is a cd based system. When I first got my Saturn, all I had was Virtua Cop without a gun. When I wasn't killing my thumbs, I would listen to music. Also, although I cann't testify (can I get a witness), you can watch VCD movies with the proper adapter.

h) It is the last Sega console. Where else are you going to play the plethora of SEGA games? Ofcourse if a perfect emulator of the Dreamcast is made on whatever future console, that may change. However, if you own the game and a DC, why mess with an emulator?

That's about all I have. I know that I will still be rocking the directional pad with Capcom vs. SNK 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 7 years from now on my Dreamcast.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

In 7 years time?.... I'll be 24 so i should be on TV by then ;)
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

in 7 years.......Dreamcast 3 will already be out so i wouldnt care about dc1 anymore.

joke
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

[quote=Hollywood Hasney]
In 7 years time?.... I'll be 24 so i should be on TV by then ;)
[/quote]

What the hell does that have to do with your DC?
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

I'll promote it DUH! lol :lol:
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

If my MegaDrive wasnt a pile of melted plastic then I'd be playing it now, so it'd be a safe bet the my DC would be played occasionally..
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

i don't see why you guys haven't banned Jordan yet . . .if you haven't. And if you haven't, get to it Admins!
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

wtf? i make a humorous statement and people want to ban me?

pull the shoes out of your tight asses
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

u have humor? now thats funny - lol x 10

take a page from my book or dr. z 4 comedy tips.
fsterman
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by fsterman »

CG wrote: heh in 7 years, there will be DC emus on like PS8 D
or the PS3 since consoles have a 5 year cycle. ?
Kami

Post by Kami »

fsterman wrote: or the PS3 since consoles have a 5 year cycle. ?
lol I think thats proved wrong considering Sony is already getting the ps3 ready.