Any chance of Sega realeasing new console?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any chance of Sega realeasing new console?

Post by ben15dc »

I heard a little talk (rumors) about Sega realeasing a new console, is this true?

I think they could give DC owners a discount if they are going to :D

I think they could, They seem to be making money from the games they made for Xbox,PS2,GC.
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

no

actually maybe, but definately not anytime soon
SonicJam

Post by SonicJam »

2 things, first off, it would be a long time... no point asking, no one knows, we're all like you, some just make it seem like they have an idea. Secondly, the discount thing is a bad idea, first off most people's DC's were obtained because they got it for $50 (sega sold below cost of making) and that's discount enough! Secondly, even if you bought it new at full price, who actually will have the receipt years from now?
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Good Point
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

If sega makes another system it would defidently fail, because Sega cant get all the top games on it, like EA sports games, MGS's, GT's, ect,ect...
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

lmaos

Post by reaper2k2 »

OH right the dreamcast failed with 4.5 million sales in the usa in less then a year it was selling great when they said no more

they were bought out sold out etc

go look on google it did not fail they made it fail

if it was such a crap thing why a site like this 2 years after its dead

there be no gc emulations sites thats for sure
11.24.1999 | Sega Dreamcast Goes Platinum
> Sega of America announced that its Uberconsole, the Dreamcast, has now exceeded one million units sold in America. This is yet another record for Dreamcast as it launched just about two and a half months ago. For comparison, the exalted PSX launch of 1995 took eighteen months to reach the same mark. With the busiest shopping period of the year to begin this Friday, Sega is looking to crush their initial expectations for the Uberconsole this year.

it sold better then the ps1 on launch they made it fail really
09.27.1999 | Sega Dreamcast Takes Control
> Sega of America announced (last week) that sales of the Dreamcast have topped 514,000 units (USA). This clearly makes Dreamcast the most successful video game console launch in history. For perspective, the Playstation took four months to reach 500,000 units sold, while the N64 needed two months to do it.
> In addition to leading the hardware sales category with 60% of the marketplace, the Sega Dreamcast
dominated the software charts too. Four Dreamcast titles made the top five best-selling games, with three other titles rounding out the top twenty best selling American games. It looks like waiting until Fall 1999 for the US launch of the Dreamcast has paid off for Sega... as I predicted.
best launch ever

09.19.1999 | Sega Dreamcast Juggernaut
> Sega announced that the Dreamcast has surpassed the N64's record for total units sold in the first four days of availability. The new record is 372,000 Sega Dreamcast systems in just four days, which brings the total revenue to $132,712,000. By the way, Nintendo 64 took six days to hit 350,000 units when it launched in 1996. Another impressive number is the fact that ubersoftware is selling 3 games to each system!
09.13.1999 | Sega Dreamcast Entertainment Sales Record
> Sega's internet-ready Uberconsole, the Dreamcast, flew off the shelves of over 15,000 retail stores in America on 9-9-1999 to set the record for the highest grossing sales day in entertainment history. Weighing in at an amazing $97,904,618.09, the Sega Dreamcast outsold the former record holder (Star Wars: Episode I) by nearly $70 million! Along with an unprecedented 18 launch titles (most of which are above average quality), numerous peripherals and strategy guides, the Sega Dreamcast has made an impact that no other console could compare to.
> That's not all the records the Dreamcast holds. About a week before D-day (9-9-1999), Sega announced that its Dreamcast had been pre-sold to over 300,000 customers in America! This number completely demolishes the previous record of 100,000 units pre-sold of the PSX in 1995. Of course, the Dreamcast is also the first 128-bit console; the most powerful console available; the first internet-ready console; the first to utilize hand-held gaming through its Visual Memory Unit (VMU); and the first completely expandable console. All these factors combine to bolster Sega's long-held position as a technology leader in the videogame industry.
the truth it never failed it made the lots of money and sega fk us over and threw away the best machine
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

see problem sega was stupid. why try to to sell so many systems when you can stay with the install user base lets say of 4.5 million users and try to sell to them. drop prices etc... they coulda turned a good profit, just trying to reach the number 1 spot killed them. its ok to be #3 and make money. wish companys could know this.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Due to the fact that one Sony console managed to outlive two SEGa ones is probably enough to make SEGA permenantly give up on hardware.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:Due to the fact that one Sony console managed to outlive two SEGa ones is probably enough to make SEGA permenantly give up on hardware.
I say its cause Sony has Square. Rather people here are Final Fantasy fans or not really don't matter. But every off-line Final Fantasy games brings in a lot of sales and people actually buy there ps consoles for the sole purpose of these games. HEck every game on my ps1 is made by square just about.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

i think sega will make another console, but not anytime soon. i just think they are waiting to get more fans by letting there games go on other systems. and then once they see the spec of some of the new consoles that will be coming out, i think that then sega will make a new console cos they will know what they have to beat. and they will have a lot of new fans from people playing games on the other systems. but then i could be wrong maybe it's just wishfull thinking :)
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

sega

Post by reaper2k2 »

sega have no idea they had the winner and the gave up

by now the dreamcast would of if keept alive every game the others have

its more then able to keep up with the GC and ps2

bad management killed the dreamcast not sonys wanna be ps2

WHATS the BIG GAME ON PS2 DOWN HERE IN AUSTRALIA

its my fav dreamcast game ferri F355

its pretty silly that the non failed dreamcast's games are that good there no1 on anther machine whats wrong with this picture

if you going to tell me its better then the game on dc your off your rocker the dc version was uber great if you dont own this game for dc go get it

its a real driving sim were you can really feel the limt not that GT psx wanna be tarted up not so good ridge racer clone

i love ridge racer btw lol
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I doubt that Sega would ever go and make another console with the Sega name on it, but they might one day go exclusive in making games for one console, which would be just as good.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

SonicJam wrote:Secondly, even if you bought it new at full price, who actually will have the receipt years from now?
I will! :D I bought mine on 9/9/99. I still have the original box, all the wires, the original demo disk and web browser, all the paperwork and manuals, all the bags for the wires and the console, and I even kept the reciept. Yep, Sega owes me a huge discount! :lol:
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

i belive this question has been asked 190 times
smelialichu
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by smelialichu »

TreyDay wrote:I doubt that Sega would ever go and make another console with the Sega name on it, but they might one day go exclusive in making games for one console, which would be just as good.
I don't know about in Japan and the US, but over here a big thing was made about how they were supposedly 'hiding' the sega name, and just going for Dreamcast (they sponsored a football team as Dreamcast, not Sega). To be honest I rthought it was fuss about nothing, just a branding decision. I mean why would they hide the Sega name over here where Sega has always been so popular (ok, so there WAS the Saturn...).
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

melancholy wrote:
SonicJam wrote:Secondly, even if you bought it new at full price, who actually will have the receipt years from now?
I will! :D I bought mine on 9/9/99. I still have the original box, all the wires, the original demo disk and web browser, all the paperwork and manuals, all the bags for the wires and the console, and I even kept the reciept. Yep, Sega owes me a huge discount! :lol:
same here mother always telling me "omar when are you going to throw away that box?"

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

It really gets me sad thinking about how it failed :cry:
But this site has made me happy again :)
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

AmadeusZull wrote:
melancholy wrote:
same here mother always telling me "omar when are you going to throw away that box?"
I still have my playstation box and my mom yells at me everytime she opens my closet and sees it!
SonicJam

Post by SonicJam »

I have the box and stuff too... but it still won't happen...

I hope sega does make another console one day, but there's no point in waiting for one... as long as they're in the game, it's all good.
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Sega will definately be making a console, when they have tons of cash after making money off other consoles, also by making money on other consoles at the same time they are learning how the other consoles work, and learn better marketing and stuff, the next console will definately out power anything other companies shell out, just need to market it at the right time and etc.