Help please.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
zulu69
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help please.

Post by zulu69 »

I also just downloaded tmnt emu for dreamcast.
It is bin format, so how can i make it to a nrg file so i can burn a cd.
Are there any help files out there?
THANKS.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Download/unzip DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page. *If you're using WinXP/2000 you'll also need to download the choice.zip found on the Needed Tools page to get DSSBS Final working properly. Unzip it & put CHOICE.COM into the DSSBS Final folder.*

Download the TMNT.zip MAME rom. (find it yourself.. use google)
Get an ip.bin.
Download/extract elf2bin.
Download/extract TMNT Beta3.zip.

Put the tmnt_cd.elf file into the elf2bin folder, rename tmnt_cd.elf to myfile.elf.
Click elf2bin.bat. Click scramble.bat. You should now have a scrambled 1st_read.bin .
Put the ip.bin & 1st_read.bin in DSSBS' new folder. Create a roms folder in DSSBS' new folder. Put TMNT.zip in the roms folder.

Click on dssbs.bat & select 1 to make a Discjuggler image, 2 to make a Nero image, 3 to make a CDRWin image or 4 to make a Fireburner image.

Once the image is made, start up your burning program of choice & select burn image. When it has finished burning you should have a selfbooting TMNT CD.
zulu69
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by zulu69 »

That has got to be the BEST reply i have ever
gotten on a forum.
THANK U so much! :D
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

kron is kewl :D
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

The Kron wrote:Download/unzip DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page. *If you're using WinXP/2000 you'll also need to download the choice.zip found on the Needed Tools page to get DSSBS Final working properly. Unzip it & put CHOICE.COM into the DSSBS Final folder.*

Download the TMNT.zip MAME rom. (find it yourself.. use google)
Get an ip.bin.
Download/extract elf2bin.
Download/extract TMNT Beta3.zip.

Put the tmnt_cd.elf file into the elf2bin folder, rename tmnt_cd.elf to myfile.elf.
Click elf2bin.bat. Click scramble.bat. You should now have a scrambled 1st_read.bin .
Put the ip.bin & 1st_read.bin in DSSBS' new folder. Create a roms folder in DSSBS' new folder. Put TMNT.zip in the roms folder.

Click on dssbs.bat & select 1 to make a Discjuggler image, 2 to make a Nero image, 3 to make a CDRWin image or 4 to make a Fireburner image.

Once the image is made, start up your burning program of choice & select burn image. When it has finished burning you should have a selfbooting TMNT CD.
Do you have ANY idea on how I could get that working
using DemoMenu, or WITHOUT it being selfboot??

I ask this because DSSBS does NOT work on my computer
even WITH the "Choice" file. Im using Windows XP btw.....