Whats the best Setting for DCdivx ? Does anyone know ???

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ime
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whats the best Setting for DCdivx ? Does anyone know ???

Post by ime »

whats the best setting for DCdivx ?

i always encode my DCdivx

resolution at 320x240
bitrate at 700 kbit/s
Audio at 40 kbit/s 22050 hz
at 23.976 fps

but this setting makes my DVD Rip divx quality looks ugly...and it still laggy

PS. some movies can handle higher bitrate like 1000 kbit/s and it play smoothly ~~~dont know why....

now i have 2 questions :

is there any better encode setting to makes DCdivx quality higher or better and not laggy ??

and does divx3 divx4 and divx5.02 make any differece ??

plz -- post ur suggestion here thank you :P
Jackie Chun
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jackie Chun »

There is a simpler way. Get TMPGenc and GypPlay. Encode to VCD with TMPG and just play it with GypPlay. So far GypPlay has played most of my movie's very good but you will get some macro blocks at times. I find GypPlay better than DCDivX somtimes. I mean DCDivX is still good but GypPlay still does quite a job without worrying about bitrates and audio quality.
"Water is formless, you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put water into a teapot it becomes the teapot... Be water, my friend.."
-Bruce Lee
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

A smart person would buy DreamMovie VCD and MP3 Player with Remote Control!

It's simply the BEST, VCD player for the Dreamcast. :D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Jackie Chun
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

true

Post by Jackie Chun »

Yea thats another solution but if he's asking about setting apparently he wants to get it working free. Of course there's nothing compared to products for which you pay for *sometimes*.
"Water is formless, you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put water into a teapot it becomes the teapot... Be water, my friend.."
-Bruce Lee
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

i don't agree with this replys, the quality of Dvix it's very superior of the VCD (gypplay our outhers)

i already make a Dc divx with DVD quality, ( this is true) i make a move of ice of age, 320*240 1600kbs !!! :roll:

:wink: now i'm testeng the best setings for do that.....
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Arqueiro wrote:i don't agree with this replys, the quality of Dvix it's very superior of the VCD (gypplay our outhers)

i already make a Dc divx with DVD quality, ( this is true) i make a move of ice of age, 320*240 1600kbs !!! :roll:

:wink: now i'm testeng the best setings for do that.....
Thats not entirely true, your cideo froze after just 5 min(probably becuase you ran into some high motion scences I'm guessing), and the audio setting you use were probably crap.(I consider 56 kbps stereo to be a good setting, I go no lower)

My reccomended settings for widescreen movies

Divx 5.02
352x150(Ajust the Y valuse based on the aspect ratio of your movie)
700-750 kbps(Depends on how much high action sequences you movie uses)
56 kbps 2400 khz Stereo Audio
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

ShadowofBob wrote:Divx 5.02
352x150(Ajust the Y valuse based on the aspect ratio of your movie)
700-750 kbps(Depends on how much high action sequences you movie uses)
56 kbps 2400 khz Stereo Audio
Hey ShadowofBob, I encoded a dvd-rip (road trip 23.9fps) at those settings, cept used divx PRO, 720kbps, 40kbps 22050kHz stereo. From about 2/3 to the end of the movie the audio sync went off about 1/2 to 1 second apart from video. I consider this to be good though, and will probably use these settings in the future. Tell me, did you run into audio desync with your videos? should I use 700 next time? Since you use a higher mp3 quality, and often higher bitrate, wouldn't your videos go off? Also do you use Radium or LAME codec.

Has anyone ever tried anything but mp3? Im starting to think it is the cause of many of the desync errors.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Get DivX Pro and encode with Bidirectional ENcoding using 2-pass. Remember to do the first pass then overwrite it with the second. Using this you can achieve up to 1000kbps, although it's a bit jumpy.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: ...

Post by Arqueiro »

Jackie Chun wrote:There is a simpler way. Get TMPGenc and GypPlay. Encode to VCD with TMPG and just play it with GypPlay. So far GypPlay has played most of my movie's very good but you will get some macro blocks at times. I find GypPlay better than DCDivX somtimes. I mean DCDivX is still good but GypPlay still does quite a job without worrying about bitrates and audio quality.
No, i disagree with you, i have some movies encode with the DC divx, and the quality it's like SVHS and near to DVD, you need only find the perfect setting for de movie....
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ...

Post by az_bont »

Arqueiro wrote:
Jackie Chun wrote:There is a simpler way. Get TMPGenc and GypPlay. Encode to VCD with TMPG and just play it with GypPlay. So far GypPlay has played most of my movie's very good but you will get some macro blocks at times. I find GypPlay better than DCDivX somtimes. I mean DCDivX is still good but GypPlay still does quite a job without worrying about bitrates and audio quality.
No, i disagree with you, i have some movies encode with the DC divx, and the quality it's like SVHS and near to DVD, you need only find the perfect setting for de movie....
Would you care to upload a small sample? I'd love to see how such a high quality can be achieved, especially considering the two video experts on DCEmu (ZacMC and fatheadpi) have only managed bitrates of 1000kbps. And did it really freeze after 5 minutes? I've played stuff at lower qualities than that that have simply frozen after the first few seconds.

And to ime who originally asked about DivX, visit my site for some kick-ass tutorials on encoding your video for DCDivX or GypPlay (as well as some other stuff).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!