DreamSnes teams currently status...

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
pelleyoo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamSnes teams currently status...

Post by pelleyoo »

Are they really working on a new version of Dsnes? Is there any new info from the team? I mean, the last version was released in april...its a long time ago :roll:

I cant play Dsnes as it is right now. I cant play games without 100 % speed and no frameskipping.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Hey, u waited this long. How bout u wait some more. I would rather have a new version that has had fine tuning to it than another slow version. Just be patient.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

=== DreamSNES 0.9.8 FAQ ===

Made by Tsuyoshi Nakamichi

The purpose of this FAQ is to shut the big mouths of all lamers who keep bitching about the DreamSNES team not releasing a new version of DreamSNES as soon as THEY like.

So,newbies and lamerz,read on before you start bitching :)

Frequently Asked Questions:
---------------------------------

Q1: Why the DreamSNES team is waiting too long to release a new version of DreamSNES?

A1: The DreamSNES team are working on many things now.They plan to release a new version,but it can't be done as fast as you like for several reasons:

1. Coding/porting code in ASM is much harder and takes much more time than programming in C++.They are finding a way to further speed up DSNES by recoding other parts of the DreamSNES C code into ASM(only the 65c816 CPU is coded in ASM for now).They plan on doing something to speed up the emulation of the emulated S-DSP chip from the sound emulation to take up much less processing power from the DC's main SH4 CPU,so you can now play the games WITH sound with the speed that you have now with 0.9.7 with sound turned OFF.

2. They won't release the next version after they fix all major bugs from my BUG/Incompatibility list and fix all code that is broken,to make sure all the ROMs which didn't work with 0.9.7 to work with the new release.

3. They are doing extensive testing after completing the code to ensure that there are no nasty bugs that will ruin your gameplay experience.This takes a long time,too.

4. Remember the forum before when we all posted suggestions for additional features for the NEXT DreamSNES?They are implementing many of those features as well.It takes time...

5. New graphics,new minigames,slight changes to the menu/ROM loading system,music player changes/additions/fixes...also takes more time to implement.

Q2: So what improvements the next release will have?

A2: Here's what to expect from the next version:

- Fixed SA-1 chip support(Super Mario RPG,Kirby's Dreamland 3,Kirby Superstar,Masoukishin,Gokujou Parodius,Act Raiser 2,and many more games will work now)

- C4 chip support(Megaman X2 and Megaman X3 will finally work!)

- Better sound(no more 11kHz samplerate,now 22kHz and maybe a selectable 44kHz option)

- More speedup (that's what we all need !)

- Much more ASM core and general emulation bugs fixed

- Saving bugs fixed

- Possibly graphic packs support(Street Fighter Alpha 2,Star Ocean and a few more - playable ?!?)

- Possibly loading of .SRM saves from CD

- Adjustable frameskip (wow!)

- PAL lightgun support

- More third-party memory cards supported

- More options for your DC keyboard and for BUG testers

- New graphics in the menus

- Some other surprise extras.

Q3: When will it be released?

A3: It should be released when the DreamSNES team decides it's ready for release and has passed their quailty criteria.They want to give you a high-quality product without defects...and all for FREE! You gotta love it!

Q4: I'm not waiting too %^$#*&@ long for a new DreamSNES.I'll buy an XBOX/PS2 and play all games 100% speed on my big-screen SONY TV.

A4: Go ahead and waste all your money for an expensive console (JUST TO PLAY SNES?!?) and void your warranty with installing Mod-chips.
When the next version of DreamSNES comes out,we'll be laughing at how a cheap $49 console beats your $200/$299 PS2 or XBOX with better quality SNES emulation and nearly full-speed gameplay.
You'll regret for the money you wasted just to play SNES on your TV...hehehehe...

Q5: Will the next DreamSNES come with ROMs?

A5: Whaaat??? Are you insane? :)
Distributing an emulator with ROMs is against the law,so it's illegal.ou must provide the ROMs by yourself.

Q6: And what about with PD ROMs included with the emu?I know they are 100% legal.

A6: Do you want some tea and cookies with it as well? :)
No,but when it gets released,soon afterwards someone there will release Nero/DJ images with PD ROMs included.

Q7: I've read everything and I still can't wait for a new DSNES release.What should I do now?

A7: Just shut up and don't bitch.When the new version comes out,you'll be jumping from joy.
In the meantime play NesterDC.It runs 100% :)

These are all of the questions you will probably ask about the next version of DreamSNES.

NOTICE:
-------
You can copy/paste this FAQ and use it as a sticky topic in the DreamSNES forums :)
You can also copy this FAQ and use it for personal education :)

FAQ copyright:

(c) 2002 Dynamica Studios/JOLT
(c) 2002 Tsuyoshi Nakamichi

All Rights Reserved.

Don't use this FAQ for anything other than educational purposes.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Oops...
sorry about the double post.
I had trouble with my ISP.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

You double posted that just thought I'd let you know.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Your comment sounds like bad Engrish,btw... :)

check out this page :)

http://www.engrish.com
dc^dude
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

c-4

Post by dc^dude »

dont mind me asking but, how complete can they have C-4 emualtion if the current pc snes9x doesnt have full c-4?
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

C4 is not completely emulated in any PC/console SNES emulator,but the part of the processing that IS emulated is enough to run all C4 games without errors/bugs.
So,you WILL play MM X2/X3 in the next version.
The DSNES team even tested the code and it works. :)
Read the old forum topics for info
HatingDreamcastRightNow
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Hurray!

Post by HatingDreamcastRightNow »

"- Fixed SA-1 chip support(Super Mario RPG,Kirby's Dreamland 3,Kirby Superstar,Masoukishin,Gokujou Parodius,Act Raiser 2,and many more games will work now)

- C4 chip support(Megaman X2 and Megaman X3 will finally work!)"

Thank you! x 1 million
I love you x 1 million
*waits patiently*
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

i dont think its gurranteed, that everything would be un-broken from 0.94.
i hope so though :D (mario rpg is a bit kiddy, but i lurvvv it anyway)
PuniPuniSakura
Catgirl Maniac!

Post by PuniPuniSakura »

engrish teh rox0rz is! hey!
http://www.opengames.net

DCemu's official catgirl maniac! wai, nyao!
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

nakamichi wrote:C4 is not completely emulated in any PC/console SNES emulator,but the part of the processing that IS emulated is enough to run all C4 games without errors/bugs.
So,you WILL play MM X2/X3 in the next version.
The DSNES team even tested the code and it works. :)
Read the old forum topics for info
are you like the only asian person in the homebrew scene? how come i never see jap people around dcemulation and suff...i wonder what they're bz with nowdays
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

hey, im an asian and im in love with my dreamcast, i even sleep on it sometimes (i use it for a pillow in the afternoon)
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

zickfun wrote:hey, im an asian and im in love with my dreamcast, i even sleep on it sometimes (i use it for a pillow in the afternoon)
me two lolz
<--Baby T Lo FiHi fi
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

damn you hot
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

[quote="nakamichi]
Q4: I'm not waiting too %^$#*&@ long for a new DreamSNES.I'll buy an XBOX/PS2 and play all games 100% speed on my big-screen SONY TV.

A4: Go ahead and waste all your money for an expensive console (JUST TO PLAY SNES?!?) and void your warranty with installing Mod-chips.
When the next version of DreamSNES comes out,we'll be laughing at how a cheap $49 console beats your $200/$299 PS2 or XBOX with better quality SNES emulation and nearly full-speed gameplay.
You'll regret for the money you wasted just to play SNES on your TV...hehehehe...
[/quote]

who the hell gonna buy a ps2 or xbox just to play snes. my goodness!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.