SCEA - Just sent them a friendly mail...

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SCEA - Just sent them a friendly mail...

Post by DJ Samba D »

[quote]General question vaguely related to Piracy. I have been watching this situation that yourselves and Bleem INC (RIP) that has involved court injunction after court injunction on an company that has NOT infringed any of your respective copyrights or trademarks.

So what were you people thinking? I heard that a while back it was due to the fact that they were apparently using 'warez'd' versions of the original PSX Bios - but there was no truth within this statement. IT seems like yourselves didn't like the idea of a company that came up with the idea (with using their own tools and time without any copyrighted stuff) of their own.

If you had left Bleem INC. alone to get on with their emulator it would still have required people to purchase the original copies of PSX games. BUT... you've got and put an innocent company out of business due to the costs of the legal system.

Now... if this sort of situation were to happen between yourselves and Microsoft - then you would be looking at SCEA becoming bankrupt... but you're lucky to not be in that position.

Anyway, enough of a rant. I understand you believe that it was infringing your copyrights/patents/whatever, but it appeared otherwise. One last point, SCEA believe that pirated copies of PSX games would be used with this - there could be a little truth to that but the majority of games used in conjunction with Bleem would in fact be making yourselves and other software companies even richer.

Thanks, and hoping to receive a reply.

Tom Sampson
[/quote]

This is the mail that I have sent to SCEA although I am living within Europe... Hope that most of the information contained within this is accurate! Here's hoping on the reply from our [SARCASM] [i]buddy's at SCEA[/i][/SARCASM]

Tom
Dr Wily
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Wily »

I have a funny feeling you're just going to get the standard form letter response but if you hear different, post for us to read...