Ramen Noodles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by btm4k »

I tried the microwave tutorial, and this is one of the best bowls of ramen I've had in quite a while. I reccomend it!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

YES!! I RULE!!!

I'm thinking this should be stickied in some sort of general things to be stickied forum. After all, how many of us love Ramen? Quite a few. We'd know more, but the poll is broken.

The next test:

Maruchan Ramen vs. Top Ramen

*Old west gunfight prelude music begins*
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

ewwwwwwww

Post by reaper2k2 »

ewwwwwwww 2 min noodle 24 cents a packet tast like the packet but there is more loFl

i dont like these things but but

try draining the water out and frying them after you boiled them and put in chilli and a small bit of curry and green peppers

then you got not bad meal
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

fatheadpi wrote:YES!! I RULE!!!

I'm thinking this should be stickied in some sort of general things to be stickied forum. After all, how many of us love Ramen? Quite a few. We'd know more, but the poll is broken.

The next test:

Maruchan Ramen vs. Top Ramen

*Old west gunfight prelude music begins*
Meh.....I was raised on Top Ramen.....Maruchan noodles taste a little pasty to me.... :?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

So far, Top Ramen can hold its own, but it has weird noodles. It's like a bunch of uber thin ones. The tastes aren't quite as good as Maruchan, but they are 10 cents a pack versus 33 cents a pack for Maruchan.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

Fatheadpi, I just wanted say that I tried your method for cooking ramen noodles today, and I have just found my new favorite meal. Dead serious.

Thank you, Fatheadpi. I now officially owe you my firstborn child.
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

you can get maruchan ramen packs for $10 for 50 at sams's club..

im going to make some noodles, use some chilli-o, and report on how it tastes..
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

its shit.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

EvilN wrote:you can get maruchan ramen packs for $10 for 50 at sams's club..

::an hour and a half later::

its poop.
LOL!!! That cracked me up. Anywho...just thought I'd get in on the ramen fun. On the Maruchan Ramen vs. Top Ramen debate...my vote goes to Maruchan. But I admit...I'm a microwaved ramen eater... :roll:
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I haven't had Maruchan Ramen in a long time. I ususally eat Top Ramen because Picanate Beef is the best!!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Fatheadpi, I just wanted say that I tried your method for cooking ramen noodles today, and I have just found my new favorite meal. Dead serious.

Thank you, Fatheadpi. I now officially owe you my firstborn child.
Meh. Don't take his the wrong way, but I'd rather have a few bootles of NyQuil myself. Unless your first born child turns out to be a hot babe. Call me when she's about 18, unless I move to the UK, in which case, call me when she's 16.
you can get maruchan ramen packs for $10 for 50 at sams's club..

its poop.
No, you are clearly just an idiot who cannot properly cook Ramen noodles.

LOL!!! That cracked me up. Anywho...just thought I'd get in on the ramen fun. On the Maruchan Ramen vs. Top Ramen debate...my vote goes to Maruchan. But I admit...I'm a microwaved ramen eater...

At least you can admit to it. I think we need to start a Microwave anonymous greeting here, kinda like alchoholics anonymous.

Hi, I'm Bob. I'm a Ramen-noodle-microwave-aholic.
Hi, Bob!

LMAO

In other news, I have found a flavor of Top Ramen that has severely destroyed their minor lead in the Ramen Noodle face off: Chicken Sesame. The noodles come with a flavor packet containing sesame seeds, a novel idea, and by itself, the noodles are an average flavor, but nowhere near a Maruchan Chicken packet. However, when you add the packet of included Sesame oil, something terrible happens. The noodles immediately taste like Chicken Sesame allright; assuming chicken sesame has changed from a great chicken dish into the char you scrape off your grill after you're done using it. This stuff tastes terrible, and it smells a lot like someone lit a huge dog turd on fire. It comes in a purple packet, avoid it like the Tony Danza and the Michael Bolton.

In still other news, I am considering resigning my post as a homebrew apps mod, the dullest and least powerful job on DCEmu, partly because the forums barely need a mod, and partly because I don't do a whole lot there. Ever. I've explored Gypplay's limits to the point where gynocologists flinch. Zac is like the absolute expert at DC-Divx, something that I just get tired of. And I don't think the community needs me going around showing how to nab ADX / SOFDEC files off dc games and playing them on the web broswer. I may try to take on some kind of position as a Ramen Noodle expert. We'll see.

That's all for now.

Sincerely yours,

Fathead P.I.

Private Dick at large
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Chicken Sesame is my second favorite. It's actually quite good once you are used to it. BTW, I want to be the Assistant Ramen Noodle Expert (if possible).
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

I move for a new forum to be created: The Ramen Noodle forum. You could be the sole moderator. It'd be great.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

count my vote for a ramen noodle forum, oh yeah, my mom went shopping tonight and didnt buy more ramen noodles, i am mad. :evil:
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

fatheadpi wrote:Meh. Don't take his the wrong way, but I'd rather have a few bootles of NyQuil myself.
Sounds like a deal. If we ever meet up, I'll take you out for a few rounds of NyQuil. Have you ever pulled shots of that stuff? It's f?cking great after three or so.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

MidnightObsidian wrote:I move for a new forum to be created: The Ramen Noodle forum. You could be the sole moderator. It'd be great.
Lets do it. We could help people get their noodles tasting just right. We could also discuss new flavors and different cooking techniques.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

ok

Post by reaper2k2 »

Errrm shots of NyQuil what the hell is that ?
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

MidnightObsidian is a little wierd like that.

haha just kidding MidnightObsidian
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Errrm shots of NyQuil what the hell is that ?
A cold medicine.
Sounds like a deal. If we ever meet up, I'll take you out for a few rounds of NyQuil. Have you ever pulled shots of that stuff? It's f?cking great after three or so.
That stuff is great, but they don't sell it in large over the counter quantities / to minors anymore. A lot of us used to tweak on NyQuil, Sudafed, Perkaset, and energy pills. And I never did shotS of NyQuil. Namely because of Dennis Leary's theory on NyQuil: It can keep the green death taste because one shot and BAM!!! you're in a coma.
count my vote for a ramen noodle forum, oh yeah, my mom went shopping tonight and didnt buy more ramen noodles, i am mad.
One vote. And that sucks, man.
I move for a new forum to be created: The Ramen Noodle forum. You could be the sole moderator. It'd be great.
The proposal, total of two votes.
Chicken Sesame is my second favorite. It's actually quite good once you are used to it. BTW, I want to be the Assistant Ramen Noodle Expert (if possible).
How on earth could you get used to that? Do you just eat the char off of grills all day? I might try it with actual sesame sauce, but never with the oil packet again. BLEH!!!

Alright, unless Midnight Obsidian has a hot daughter that magically turns 16 / 18 in the next few weeks, you get dibs on my official helper. I shall call you Noodles. I'll be Uncle Bob, alter ego of Captain Ramen.

Three votes and counting...

Well kids, that's all for now. My posts might get scarce over the next few days, I'm moving into a much larger room. Once this is done, I might make a Planetweb Browser or Demo Menu disc with tools and maybe even movies on how to make great Ramen Noodle dishes.

I would like to close this letter with giving some credit to my friend, who originally developed most of the oven based Ramen method, and the majority of the flavour packet usage technology and application systems for this project. That method is his, and his alone. The microwave method by me was somewhat inspired by his mehod, and some of the flavour packet application principles are the same, but the microwave method is mine. He does not believe in microwaving Ramen Noodles.

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah,

Fathead P.I.

Private Dick At Large
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

what is ramen?

i live in aus, and the main one's are fantastic noodles and maggi.