Japanese Gun?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gmc »

From what I've heard, the PAL Confidential Mission hasnt got the gun-region lock on it, like other games do.
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

Sega only released the official Sega gun in Japan & Europe, therefore all Japanese & European games will work with the official gun.

American games however, will not work with the official gun, 3rd party guns are not effected by this.

I hope this helps :)
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I@N wrote:Sega only released the official Sega gun in Japan & Europe, therefore all Japanese & European games will work with the official gun.

American games however, will not work with the official gun, 3rd party guns are not effected by this.

I hope this helps :)

Your right :)

Its just that the PAL Confidential Mission works with those unnofficial gunes that were in the US.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

It does. I've got a Starfire Lightblaster with Confidential Mission PAL and it works fine
[UR4]Dutch
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by [UR4]Dutch »

I use a Japanese official lightgun for my PAL HOTD2 and never had any problems. I don't know if it matters that the console is chipped.