OT: Taking a Java class and need help

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Rand Campbell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OT: Taking a Java class and need help

Post by Rand Campbell »

Hi, I am taking a Java class that is required for school and I am using windows machines in class. I am trying to figure out how to start doing the work at home on my mac. I have a g4/733 quicksilver running os x.1. All I need is a site telling me what I need to download and a few basic steps to get me started. On the pc we just go to dos and type in
javac -name and it compiles it, then to run just type in java -name and it runs how do I do this is os x?

I have been to the apple site but I dont see anything that I can download and start using. Any help?

Thanks

Rand Campbell
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

well the OS install comes with some java utilities. Also visit suns java page and search the apple software downloads for it.
Froze
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Froze »

I dont know if you have tried using Project Builder in OS X. It will let you build a Java application and you can run it in the UNIX terminal just like DOS.

It's not pre-installed in OS X but the installer is already there. Its in the applications/installers/developer tools directory.