For those still looking for Skies of Arcadia....

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

For those still looking for Skies of Arcadia....

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I was at EB this weekend to check out whether or not to spend the $75 and get a free DC; and after verifying the inventory, I realized that the majority of their used games were way overpriced. However I did find for brand new $19.99 Skies of Arcadia. So if there is anyone out there still looking to pick this game up for the DC rather than the GC, I would definitely recommend going to EB as Gamestop/Babbages/Software ETC. have it used for $34.99 (last time I checked).
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: For those still looking for Skies of Arcadia....

Post by az_bont »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:I was at EB this weekend to check out whether or not to spend the $75 and get a free DC; and after verifying the inventory, I realized that the majority of their used games were way overpriced.
It's terrible in EB over in the UK as well. I was in there one week and saw Earthworm Jim 2, one of the first every PSX games released, for ?20 second hand. The next week I went in there and saw it with a bunch of other second hand games in a pack. I asked how much it would be for the game on it's own and they said ?7.

Another time I was in there and they had Smackdown! 2 for ?30 (full-price) second hand and only ?20 brand new. I asked them why it (the second hand game) was so much, and the guy said that people are willing to pay more for non-platinum games, even if they're second hand.

I can imagine most of the employes had to sign their application forms with a big shaky 'X'.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

yeah i got SOA last week for 20 bucks.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

az_bont wrote:It's terrible in EB over in the UK as well. I was in there one week and saw Earthworm Jim 2, one of the first every PSX games released, for ?20 second hand.
Whoa, back up! Earthworm Jim 2 came out for PSX? I must own it! I must own it now! Where can I find this lost gem (no pun intended)?

Anyway, what I don't think is right is the fact that EB, and Gamestop, and the rest have SNES and Genesis games, but they won't carry Saturn, or Sega CD, or 3DO, or any of those games. And now they're getting rid of all their Dreamcast stock! It's just not fair!
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Gamestop plain out BLOWS!!!!!!!!

funcoland was a much better place, but now thanks to gamestop funco is no more!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRR
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

11cky11
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by 11cky11 »

"I was at EB this weekend to check out whether or not to spend the $75 and get a free DC"

$75 and get a free dreamcast?
is this some deal at EB? how does it work?
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

at my local EB it's 75 bucks of preowned stuff for a free n64
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

Sir Slash wrote:Gamestop plain out BLOWS!!!!!!!!

funcoland was a much better place, but now thanks to gamestop funco is no more!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRR
I loved funco land! I remember the first game i bought there... Zelda for SNES.
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

Sir Slash wrote:funcoland was a much better place, but now thanks to gamestop funco is no more!!!
uhm are you sure.. I saw a funco land up the street from me thats still in bizz....
robvanwinkle
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by robvanwinkle »

Funco, babbage's, software Etc, and Planet X are all owned by the same company now. Basically they are all gamestops. They have ok prices if you subscribe to their mag. for $10 you get 10 issues and 10% off all used stuff. Their used prices are ok, but I have noticed they tend to misprice things at my local GS. I picked up Gundam: Side Story 0079 for $7.99 complete used, even though the trade in value they give is $18...most of been a misprice. But I have picked up tons of cheap dc stuff at gamestops..I have 4 within 15 miles of my house.
Lyris
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Lyris »

Electronic Boutique blows. They offered me prices such as ?7 for a mint condition nearly new preowned Xbox controller when they sell them off at about ?15.

And giving ?15 for House of the Dead 2 (PAL) and the light gun? Isn't that quite rare?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Lyris wrote:Electronic Boutique blows. They offered me prices such as ?7 for a mint condition nearly new preowned Xbox controller when they sell them off at about ?15.

And giving ?15 for House of the Dead 2 (PAL) and the light gun? Isn't that quite rare?
I have just consulted my GamesMaster 2nd Hand Games Guide and it says you should get ?25 for HOTD2 and a Gun and should buy it at about ?40.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I'm willing to pay 20 dollars for mint copies of Skies of Arcadia AND Grandia 2. Anyone know where these can be found in the US? Somehow I managed to let these two masterpieces slip by me.... :(
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

EB has both of them used for $19.99 or less. Also, $7.99 for Gundam Wing 0079 Rise from the Ashes is a steal. They sell it used for $34.99 over there whenever they get one in which is typically rare. It must have been a new employee.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Re: bla

Post by -Azathoth- »

I appreciate the offer, really. But I want the original versions.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"