To-Eleven Trouble

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

To-Eleven Trouble

Post by Nico0020 »

ok I am having trouble with to-eleven. First I will tell you how I burned it. I downloaded the Nero Image and extracted the files using CdMage. Then I put those files into a selfboot dir. I then added my MP3 dirs into the selfboot dir. I then selfbooted it with DBSSBS( I think that is what it is called). The Image was created fine. I then burned it with Nero. I put it into my Dreamcast and it boots up. I get to the menu that is displayed on the TV and it says press a, so I do. I then see a now loading screen for about 1 second. and then the screen turns black. nothing happens. Nothing ever appears on the VMU or anything. The only thing I think I may have done wronge is how I put the MP3s in. There are a lot of mp3 dir. b.c I organized them. Here is a example

CD Root:
blink 182 dir
-dude ranch
-mp3s
-take off your pants and jacket dir
-mp3s
-the mark tom and travis show dir
-mp3s
-Enema of the state dir
-mp3s
Linkin Park dir
-hybrid theory dir
-mp3s

could the dirs have caused the problem? please help, I am running low on cds and I dont wanna waist any more,lol.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The MP3's should be on a separate disc from the program itself. When it tells you to press A, put in this MP3 filled disc, and then press A. It should work then, but I don't know if it supports sub-dirs or not! Hope that helps!

Edit:
I know that it works fine on my dreamcast with all of the MP3's in the root of the 2nd disc. That's how I meant to put what I said above.
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wasgo »

Your mp3s can be on the same disc, as well as being sorted by directory. Are you sure the screen on your vmu works?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

positive, I played sonic adventure and the chao was on it.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by someoneElse »

Have you pressed the A button a second time after the screen goes black?
Listen and see if it is scanning the disk.

Normally, when you run it, it goes to the To Eleven screen with 'Press A' on the television, then the screen goes black with 'Please swap in a CD of MP3s and hit A' on the VMU, after doing so it will scan the current disk for MP3 files.

Listen to see if it is scanning the disk, that way you will know if it is working at all, and just not displaying the VMU screen.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

It did start making a loading sound after it said load on the TV screen and went black. Nothing ever appeared on either of my VMUs. Last night I used one of my CD-R and burned the nero image just of the player itself, and its works. I can swap it with teh selfboot to-eleven player with the mp3s on it and it works. but why did my selfboot with the mp3s not work? I would much rather have ti on one CD.