Games with Link Cable?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Lutschi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Games with Link Cable?

Post by Lutschi »

Hi!

Does someone know which games are working with the Link Cable?

I know F355 Challenge and Virtual On, but does some other game work with the Link Cable? What is about Daytona USA 2001 (us),(jap)?

Thanks!

Greetings

Lutschi
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

most sports games probably do, like nba 2k2, nhl 2k2 and nfl 2k2...
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sirmorpheous »

link cable?
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Sirmorpheous wrote:link cable?
One of these:

Apart from F355 And Virtual On: OT the only other game I know that uses it is the Japanese version of Aerowings2 called Aerodancing F (2 Player dogfights with various aircraft sounds pretty good)
KNTain
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by KNTain »

link cable?
Yeah. The thing that lets me play my precious VOOT using two TVs and two DCs, ridding the game of all split-screen flaws, such as limited vision range, slowdown (especially on Blank Frank), and one-third the polygon count of full-screen mode. As if standard full-screen play isn't missing enough polygons as it is.
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega »

Here is a review I found of the Dragoncast VS cable.

"For the record, the only games on DC that support the link feature are Ferarri F355, Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, and Aero Dancing F. Naturally, I don't have Aero Dancing, but I DO have VOOT and Ferarri, so I was able to test the compatibility of the cable. After hooking up the consoles and booting them up, Ferarri works like a charm (you do have to hold X+Y at the menu screen to get the link option in the US version, as it is hidden), but when I popped in VOOT, we had some problems.

SERIOUS... ASS... PROBLEMS.

The problem? It doesn't work! PERIOD. Nothing I tried would get VOOT to work with the cable. The connection would simply time out after a minute or two after displaying the "Checking Connection" message. I tried setting one console to DNA and the other to RNA, starting the link on both at the same time, turning on the consoles at the same time, using DC's without mod chips... nothing works! I even got confirmation from some bloke that he was having the same problem. You can tell I have nothing good to say about a product when it is not compatible with a game that SHOULD work. Perhaps this is a problem only with the US version of VOOT, but I don't have a Japanese version handy to find out. The US version is link compatible, as I have done it using the official SEGA cable on the same consoles, so, clearly, the issue is not with the US version of the game, but the cable."
( ABACABB )
KNTain
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by KNTain »

Actually, my DragonCast cable works fine with VOOT.

Must be manufacturing trouble.
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega »

KNTain,
Do you have a US version of the game or an import?

...If I can find a link cable for the US version, all I need is two Twin joysticks and I'm set!
( ABACABB )
KNTain
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by KNTain »

US Version. Someday, I may pick up the import, but for rather absurd, minor reasons.
My computer's OS is M.S.B.S. 5.45.
TERMINAL CITY... #357... OBJECTIVE... WATER FRONT... GET READY.
BIGWILLY_DC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BIGWILLY_DC »

with the link cable do you need two copies of the game or does it load the game from one dreamcast!
Your sig is far to big (dimensions), please be a bit more thoughtfull to other users <('_')>
KNTain
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by KNTain »

You need two copies of the game.
My computer's OS is M.S.B.S. 5.45.
TERMINAL CITY... #357... OBJECTIVE... WATER FRONT... GET READY.