THOSE BASTARDS!!!! SONY KILLED BLEEM!!!

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.

Should we lead an assault against Sony, and how?

Total votes: 0
fsterman
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

THOSE BASTARDS!!!! SONY KILLED BLEEM!!!

Post by fsterman »

DAMN YOU SONY!!! I loved Bleem, you bastards can't let anyone, [i]anyone[/i] do a decent job at what you can't do! The Playstation was a mistake, you didn't even mean to make it, it was a rip off of the technology you were developing for Nintendo! You Stall the emulators that would have made you more money, draining millions of dollars from decent hard working people to protect your exacting control over your bottom line. I think I speak for everyone when I say UP YOURS!!!!! evil
Last edited by fsterman on Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

DAMNIT!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ORDER A BLEEM DISC TOO!!! Farewell Bleem. Farewell Sega

Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Movin this to the Bleem!cast forum :)
stezo2k
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by stezo2k »

how do u know its sonys fault? it may be segas fault they probably made them stop the bleemcast project like halflife.

why dont we wait and see whos fault it is before we blaim people?
that would be the best idea

Stezo
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

It's partially Sony's fault because they sued Bleem into debt.

It's partially Babbage's fault because they wouldn't carry Bleem.

It's not Sega's fault. Sierra themselves canned Half-Life.

I was really hoping they'd at least be able to hang until January 2002 but oh well.

Man I hope this day gets better.

Schnapple
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

Post by DeGamer1 »

[quote=fsterman]
DAMN YOU SONY!!! I loved Bleem, you bastards can't let anyone, anyone do a decent job at what you can't do! The Playstation was a mistake, you didn't even mean to make it, it was a rip off of the technology you were developing for Nintendo! You Stall the emulators that would have made you more money, draining millions of dollars from decent hard working people to protect your exacting control over your bottom line. I think I speak for everyone when I say UP YOURS!!!!! evil
[/quote]

He is right folks.
And yes Sony stole technology from Nintendo.
This happened when Nintendo, Sony, and Phillips were developing an add on to the SNES back in the early 1990's and Nintendo cancelled the project because they did not like the outcome.
All 3 companies went their seperate ways. Sony did not want to quit and used the technology, improved it a bit and developed the playstaion.
Just look at some psx games, they look like SNES games. Gee I wonder why? I wish Nintendo would have sued their ass.

I have hated the psx ever since I found this out. Just look at my signature.
Not to mention that they killed off the Saturn, Dreamcast and now Bleem.
Sony will pay, oh yes they will. :evil:
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

im no sony fan or anything, but you got it wrong... sony developed a cd addon for nintendo and nintendo pulled out of the deal leaving sony with a huge investment and no return on it... in that instance it was sony getting the long hard one... sony didnt steal any technology from nintendo, they developed it in the first place
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I'm with Disco Stu on this one.

Sony was developing an add-on for Nintendo like the Sega CD, but the "Big N" left the project and Sony decided to take on the videogames industry.

They made videogames truly widely-accepted amongst younger people and totally obliviated the idea of "geeks playing games".

They woke up Sega, who had their complacency shattered when the Playstation annihalated the Saturn and the N64 was soon to follow suit!

The process of transition included closer ties to the music industry and film industry respectively.

I don't hate the Playstation, or Sony... but if they truly are the death of Bleem!, then that sucks!
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

everyone, think of all of the other great things sony's made, everybody has at least 1 sony electronic in their house... ither than PS or PS2, c'mon think guys, heck, i got a Sony VCR and CD Player in this room right now...
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I use Sony CD-R's to burn the emulators on this very site!

They're quality disks!
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

[quote=discostu55555]
im no sony fan or anything, but you got it wrong... sony developed a cd addon for nintendo and nintendo pulled out of the deal leaving sony with a huge investment and no return on it... in that instance it was sony getting the long hard one... sony didnt steal any technology from nintendo, they developed it in the first place
[/quote]

Yes this is the add-on I was refering to BUT, there were 3 companies involved here in the development for that add-on. Those companies were Nintendo, Sony and Phillips. It was NOT just Sony, so I wouldn't give them the full credit. Besides, it was mostly Phillips.
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Sat Nov 17, 2001 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

[quote=Van_Lardo]
I use Sony CD-R's to burn the emulators on this very site!
They're quality disks!
[/quote]

Sony is a worldwide known conpany and well respected. Yes they do make great products however, not everything they make is of quality. At least not how it used to be back in the day.
supersonic
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by supersonic »

come to think of it i have a sony phone and video tapes AND THATS ALL.

the phone is half cracked and doesnt work properly and the tapes well i probally toss them into the fireplace same woth the phone

sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil sony is evil you must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

Let's face it.

Sony DVD-players sux and my lame-ass Sony CD-RW drive is damn crappy aswell.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

...And sony is a newbee in the Videogame scene! There are only three modern videogame companies that deserves respect: Nintendo, Sega, Amiga.
Bunghole
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bunghole »

Awww..the bastards.... they made Sonic Cry... now he'll get depressed and become overweight with Chili Dogs...

Sony profited more from this than they lost....People would have bought MGS, GT and such.... dumbass Sony then...

Still, won't stop me from having a PS2...too many good games like GTA3..must PLAY MORE..
supersonic
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by supersonic »

gt3 u must be kidding me metroplilus street racer kicks its ass

lol gt3 what a piece of *beep*
Guizzy

Post by Guizzy »

There are only three modern videogame companies that deserves respect: Nintendo, Sega, Amiga.
Amiga?!?
You meant Atari, didn't you?
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I don't think anyone at SONY even cares that Bleem! are gone.

I'll bet that no-one who even works in their stores will even know who Bleem! are, and I don't think that they'll even know anyone who'll care.

I certainly don't think they care about these forums...

... and I certainly don't think that they care about you, "Supersonic"...

... but that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. :lol:
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

i h8 sony

/me tosses his dvd player agaisnt the wall
XStream
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by XStream »

im not hating on bleem or anything but Bleem! killed Bleem! - when they first started, their pc emu was great..but then they just stopped working after saying constant updates on bleem.com, so therefore freeware PSX emus played more games, then the talked bout dreamcast bleem discs that would be 100 games per 1 disc - but then bleem (for a variety of reasons) only made 3 single game discs...bleem killed themselves by promising 2 things they couldnt do...100 games on 1 cd for DC, updates for Pc (and 3 stayin out of debt) - and i wish bleem team best of luck in whatever they do hopefully they wont do 2 man projects anymore as seeing they never work out perfect...i hope M$/Sega hired them in a somewhat joint deal to help in the porting of great DC titles to XBOX sinc Sega seems to like them best (out of PS2,Cube) - and since if you look at Sony's online plans - they combined with every anti-microsoft company (AOL/Netscape, RealPlayer, etc.)