DVD Player Fuse Blowing Problems

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
zypah
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zypah »

Hey i have a dvd player i just got from my dad for free because he says the fuses keep blowing, i noticed the duses names were t1a 250v but he put a t2a 250 volt in i think thats why they keep blowing but if i get these other fuses (the right ones) and it still blows what should i do?! any help would be GREATLY appreciated thanx
-zypah
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Buy a new DVD player. Philips are nice.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
zypah
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by zypah »

don't u think i would of bought 1 buy now if i had the money lol, i just got it from my dad its band new, just that i want to know what to do if the fuse blows again
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

I'm not sure you'll find your answer here, you might try the hardware forum. Those guys are on top of their stuff it seems. It's not as active on that forum, but you have a way better chance of eventually getting your answer. :D
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
zypah
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by zypah »

Thanx i'll try there also
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Hmmm.... this topic about hardware I will move....

TOPIC MOVED

The powers of topic moving must be perfected still, work on that I will.
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Look!..... Token moved it!

oh wait, it was me :?

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mrinsulto »

if you buy a new one, make sure it plays all the disk. dvd, dvd-r, cd-rom, cd-r, mp3, and wma. that way you wront have to replace it for at leaste ten years.

by the way, dvd-r burners are sold for as low as $278, two years ago they all sold for over a thousand or for $999. it is amazing and pretty soon in another year or two they will be like for $199. cool, dont you think.
sonick
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sonick »

Yeah, but the ones that play everything suck in quality. They're usually like APEX and noname ones...
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

[quote="sonick"]Yeah, but the ones that play everything suck in quality. They're usually like APEX and noname ones...[/quote]

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I have an APEX AD-1500, and it fucking rocks your momma hard. Plays dvd/(s)vcd/cd/mp3. I also have updated the firmware. Macrovision-free, Universal region coding, RCE Immune.

I can also use 3rd party tools to change the startup backround, and soon make custom screen savers (as soon as someone takes current info, and packages it nicely).

As for the cost, it can be found for 60-100 bucks. Hell, there was a giant pile of them in the back of my local Circut City @ 79.99, I bought one for myself, I started telling others and my neighbor and sister bought one (all three have no problems playing any dvd's so far, and all are constructed very well).

Anyone that says they are built like shit, or that they suck, obviously dont have one (but of course I can only speak for the 1500).
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
zypah
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by zypah »

the 1 i have a problem with is a Apex AD-500w and it was great until this fuse problem, i need real help, how would i find a short on the board
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

The original fuse was clearly rated at one amp, the fact that the 2 amp fuse blew as well suggests that there is a serious problem. This is probably caused by a short somewhere on the mainboard.

The best thing to do is dismanthle the unit completely (as long as you are confident you can re-assemble it correctly). Take the mainboard (ensuring you have touched a radiator or metal water pipe to remove any static charge in your body first) and with a small paintbrush carefully dust the circuit to remove any debris. Chech the board for any obvios shorts like badly soldered connectors, particularly around the power supply circuit.

It could however be something far more serious like a blown chip or faulty DVD drive, in which case it will almost certainly be useless.

by the way, does the fuse blow immediately once it is switched on, or does it work properly for some time beforehand?
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
zypah
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by zypah »

it blows soon as plugged in, but me and the guys in #dcemu on irc figured out that there is a problem on the power board, so its obvious i gotta buy a new board or just sell the dvd player... thanx though