linux probs

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
JorgeMcdougal
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

linux probs

Post by JorgeMcdougal »

I was real hyped up about linux on my dc. so I downloaded the linux .rar extracted it and burned it to cd. but I'm trapped at the boot, I was real sleepy so I didnt read anything about what I was supposed to do other than burn it to cd. reply if you have any suggestions.
dcemuromplayer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuromplayer »

I dont understand what you mean.

tell me a little bit more about your problem and ill be glad to help you.
anyone who owns an emulator is a warez using software pirate

or they just stare at the main menu all day long!!!!! :)
JorgeMcdougal
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by JorgeMcdougal »

well I insert the linux cd into my dc and I cant get past the boot screen, I know the linux commands, but my keyboard doesnt type anything, although the keyboard works using the web browser.
magical mojo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by magical mojo »

i tried linux on my dc, quess what, it just the boot, to prove u can run linux on the dc,alsothe command curser is below view at the bottem of ur screen, thats if ur using a t.v. then u wont be able to see it. didnt u think to ur self, why is it only like 16 mb, its just the kernal so u can boot it u cant actually do anything. if somethinks im wrong prove it