talk about getting screwed

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

talk about getting screwed

Post by mrinsulto »

60 dollars for a preowned dreamcast at electronic botique

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/p ... efault.asp

check it out.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: talk about getting screwed

Post by JDCreationz »

EBgames.com wrote:Dreamcast Game Console - $79.99
This bundle comes with a Preowned Dreamcast Game Console, Sega Sports NHL 2K, Sega Sports NBA 2K and Sega Sports NFL 2K.
BUT check out what it comes with for and extra $20.00!!
Adri_Magnon
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Adri_Magnon »

Hi,

When I bought my Dreamcast from some girl's boyfriend it came with all these sport games. I don't play sports - virtual or real - so I took them to trade for some PSX t o DC adapters. When I got to the shop the guy took only one sports game and said he couldn't take the rest becasue they get old so quickly. There's things like Madden 95 and a years later Madden 96, for example. So I would think that is it is possible that sports games go out of date every year then the $80 isn't worth it. Unless! you have no DC and love sports games.

Just my three cents,

Adri_Magnon
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I was at some store called Rhino Games, and they have used Dreamcasts only for $39.99. I am thinking about picking up a couple so that I can build my own home arcade (one Dreamcast for racing games, one Dreamcast for gun games, another Dreamcast for shooters, another Dreamcast for fighting games, etc. etc.). I've only got one Dreamcast, and that will have to do for now. Although it may cost $70, it is all about supply and demand. Supply is low and demand is still high. That is why you can go to any store and find a bunch of PS1's for $49.99, but finding a Dreamcast is more difficult. People are starting to realize that you don't know what you've got (or could have had) until it is gone (or close to it).
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Re: talk about getting screwed

Post by crazyrom »

mrinsulto wrote:60 dollars for a preowned dreamcast at electronic botique

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/p ... efault.asp

check it out.
they must have came down in price the last time i was there they were $70
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

the 'game' store near where i work was selling used dreamcasts for as little as ?20 (thats about $30)

when i heard the news i shouted "i'll take as many as you have!"

to which i got the reply - "sorry we've sold out ..."

to which i replied "AARRGHHHH!" :x

oh well they now know that i want some cos now every time i walk into that store i get the following greeting from the clerks behind the counter "we've still not got any in yet!" they really are good old boys!
EVIL RATS ON NO STAR LIVE
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

:x
lim
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lim »

Just buy a PS2 and get over it.
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mrinsulto »

just go to a yard sale.

i had one back when psx's sold for like 127$ new. i was selling a psx, 5 games, 4 strategy guides, 2 deul shok controllers, memory card, and gameshark for 100$, and all these jerk offs keot saying, i can get a used psx for 100$ at the store, and this one jerk, made a hudge deal out of it, and wanted me to sell all that stuff to him for 50 bucks, and i was like no, its a 100. and he was all, it is used, i can get one at the store used for the same price, and i told him, then why the hell are you still here, and show me a store that also will give you 5 games, 4 strategy guides, 2 deul shock controllers, memory card, and a gameshark used for 100$.

and he was like, well it is a store, and i said, yeah you dum prick, it is a store, and then he said, i can save money, and i interrupted him and said, you save money buy paying the same price for a used psx, no games, crap controller, and no memory card as you would spend on all this shit, ha.

and he started arguing, and i told him, listen you prick, stop trying to screw me over, if you so hooked on buying one from the store, then carry your ass before i stomp a mudhole in it. and he all walked off, after waisting my time. then like 20 minutes later, some guy walked up, and asked how much, i said 100$, and you get everything here. he bought it without ? knowing what a good deal it was, and then asked why i was not charging more, and i told him, then it would not be a deal.

so the moral is, if they complain about the price there not going to buy it. and the funny thing is, a few minutes after i sold the psx, i walked around and saw the jerks table, i walked up, and sa he had a snes and 3 games, for sale for like 50$ for the snes, and 15$ for each of the games, non of em any good, he must be a jerk. i even gave him the fingure when i was leaving. ha.

on a side note, i got all that psx crap for 15$, and sold it for 100, giving me 85$ profit.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

When I go into my local game store and browse around the DC games or DCs I get looked at like I am a complete moron. Then when you get to the counter they will say something like "you know, the Xbox has better games which run at 2 gigmiliterrasuperduper polygons a second, are you sure you want to buy these?" :roll:
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

CoasterKing wrote:When I go into my local game store and browse around the DC games or DCs I get looked at like I am a complete moron. Then when you get to the counter they will say something like "you know, the Xbox has better games which run at 2 gigmiliterrasuperduper polygons a second, are you sure you want to buy these?" :roll:
lol people are gay
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SpiderW »

At least you cunts still can find DC games around, they didn't even hit the shelves of video shops for rent down here in Australia, never really was a noticed console, bugga too.
Crack a window will ya!
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

lim wrote:Just buy a PS2 and get over it.
hmmmmmmmmm

and there is nowhere around here where i can rent DC games, i have to drive 60 miles if i want to buy one
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mrinsulto »

ha, it is like a three minute or so walk from my house to a blockbuster, then there is like a 2 or 3 minute drive to a second blockbuster, and like a 2 or 3 minute drive to a video update and kmart, and like a 5 or ten minute drive to a bestbuy, and a mall, a ten minute drive to another bestbuy and another mall, and like a 15 or so minute drive if it is even that to a third and forth mall, and a short 5 or so minute drive to a walmart, a target, another kmart, and a ton of other places to get games. so, it is not a problem for me. right now, at block buster, you can get dc games for 5.99$ a copy.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

mrinsulto wrote:ha, it is like a three minute or so walk from my house to a blockbuster, then there is like a 2 or 3 minute drive to a second blockbuster, and like a 2 or 3 minute drive to a video update and kmart, and like a 5 or ten minute drive to a bestbuy, and a mall, a ten minute drive to another bestbuy and another mall, and like a 15 or so minute drive if it is even that to a third and forth mall, and a short 5 or so minute drive to a walmart, a target, another kmart, and a ton of other places to get games. so, it is not a problem for me. right now, at block buster, you can get dc games for 5.99$ a copy.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE??????????
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

atf487 wrote:
mrinsulto wrote:ha, it is like a three minute or so walk from my house to a blockbuster, then there is like a 2 or 3 minute drive to a second blockbuster, and like a 2 or 3 minute drive to a video update and kmart, and like a 5 or ten minute drive to a bestbuy, and a mall, a ten minute drive to another bestbuy and another mall, and like a 15 or so minute drive if it is even that to a third and forth mall, and a short 5 or so minute drive to a walmart, a target, another kmart, and a ton of other places to get games. so, it is not a problem for me. right now, at block buster, you can get dc games for 5.99$ a copy.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE??????????
definately not your pants (looks at arf's location)
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

he lives in WV, duh.
DCemuN00B
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

yea

Post by DCemuN00B »

I got my DC a year and half ago, and when I got it, it was $150. About 2 months later, it went down to $100........
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I got my DC the day it went 100 bucks.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

404NotFound wrote:he lives in WV, duh.

Thats liltimmyw. Mrinsulto has no location, dumbass :)
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709