PSO Version 1 and 2

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

PSO Version 1 and 2

Post by Nico0020 »

Well seeing how sega has already shut down 2 of their servers, that I know of, for online gaming. I have decided to get some money together and order or go buy PSO, I want to expierence this online before it is gone and only on gamecube. but I have some questions first. It is actully much better to get the second version other than the first? what are the differences? And do you have to pay a monthly fee to play it online?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by clessoulis »

PSo v1 is free to play online per month but is not nearly as fun as v2 to play online per month. Seeing as how the sever will die soon get v2 and pay the $30 for the 3 months of online play. You'll get Battle modes, Much more weapons, Higher level, Harder modes of play, New Stages and, better speeds.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

buy the european version of pso v2, which is free per month
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

version two is great... yes fun fun fun :D :D

watch out for the hackers though :P

i can't wate for the cubed versions
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

clessoulis wrote: $30 for the 3 months of online play.
Wrong, its $15.

Its still worth getting, even with the cheaters, Battling is cool!
Get v2 tho, v1 is practically unplayable online due to the cheaters.
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

is it true that sega are shutting down the servers?!?! :(

i was gonna get ver2 this week ...

maybe i wont bother now ... how long are the servers gonna be running for?

i take it this will affect all of pso ver2 and not just specific regions (ie ALL servers are going down not just European or US)?

BOO what shall i do? Spend the money and enjoy it a bit online and then put up with it offline

OR (and theres always an or!)

spend the cash on some nice 6 button pads ...

:?

decisions decisions decisions

so in closing 'would it be a waste of my money buying pso ver2 (?20) & a keyboard (?5)?'
EVIL RATS ON NO STAR LIVE
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

gloomy andy wrote:is it true that sega are shutting down the servers?!?! :(

i was gonna get ver2 this week ...

maybe i wont bother now ... how long are the servers gonna be running for?
I think these are just rumors.
dreamcast.ign.com wrote: During a SEGA teleconference, Charles Bellfield, SEGA of America's Vice-President of Corporate Marketing and Communications, commented about the future of SEGA's online service by stating, "so long as there is interest, SegaNet will always support online Dreamcast play."
The article is here. Sega will be supporting this game and different versions of it on other platforms for a long time. I know some games like Alien Front Online are not supported anymore, but PSO is a lot more popular. It would make sense to keep people interested in it. Why would they get rid of v1 support? They are the same servers.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

Version one and 2 use the same servers. So if Version One goes, then so does version 2. It was just realeased in Europe about a month ago I dont think the servers are going anywhere any time soon. Plus, who knows if there will be Gamecube vs. Dreamcast play.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

DC and GC play was canceled. But boy would it be Great it for one weekend a month the 2 played on the same sever.

Selfbooting for Noobs
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

that would be insane, if the GC went against DC owners, then those DC owners who cheat could completely scare te crap outta GC owners... the only reason to get the GC version may be somehtings are enhanced, and NO CHATERS (well, not the GS ones anyways). DC owners would still be able to PK, I don't know about RSOD, but it would create lots of probs with GC owners being pissed they never ONCE got the chance to play fair like DC once did before the horrid GS cheats.
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

The Dreamcast PSO Servers wont go down probably till the end of the year, but Sega hasnt announced anything just yet.

As long as theres lots of ppl on, they'll stay up.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

DoughBoy wrote:that would be insane, if the GC went against DC owners, then those DC owners who cheat could completely scare te crap outta GC owners... the only reason to get the GC version may be somehtings are enhanced, and NO CHATERS (well, not the GS ones anyways). DC owners would still be able to PK, I don't know about RSOD, but it would create lots of probs with GC owners being pissed they never ONCE got the chance to play fair like DC once did before the horrid GS cheats.
I total clearing disk. Yes TCD. Ok see you put it in your DC then it clears your data and gets rid of all the cheats. Then it lets you connect to a GC sever. After you connect it lets put your copy of Dreamcast V2 Only in and play. For free on that one weekend. Sega could give this disk away at local stores.

Selfbooting for Noobs
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

what do the abreviations for the cheats stand for and what actually do they do?

im curious and would like to know before i get pso2

are all the cheats REALLY bad?

thanks if u can let me know
:)
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

PK - player kill, there are times on v2 where you are allowed to battle each other, but not on v1. PK is just resta (healing technique) in reverse.
CK - character kill, I'm guessing this just means other people fuck up your character/save in some way but the only thing like this I've heard of is NOL
NOL - someone turns you character into the level 5 NPC (non-player character) NOL. Lot's of fun after you've spent 100's of hours on a character. You can also be turned into other NPC's, but NOL is the first one and most common, so it is all generally known as NOL'ing.
FSOD - frozen screen of death
BSOD - black screen of death
RSOD - reset screen of death
any *SOD will probably make you lose all of your items that are not equipped or in the bank

The most anoying things are the RSOD and the NOL. PK'ers are easy to spot. When a level 200 character named DEATH enters your v-hard or lower level game, it's pretty obvious he's a PK'er. Just unequip your weapon and the worst he can do is take your money. The item duping and stats mod's aren't really that bad. It's very common, but it's not like you have to partake in in if you don't want. I think a lot of the *SOD's come from people misusing cheat codes, or it might be that the game was not meant for them in the first place.

The cheats were bad enough for me to not want to play it anymore, but you can still have fun with it. Once you make enough friends online, you can play in mostly password protected games. Even though there are cheat codes to enter password protected games, I think most of the pso terrorists are too lazy and just prey on the open games.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Many people left DC PSO because of the cheaters.

I do not think that associating ANYTHING DC with Gamecube PSO is a bad idea, no matter what, theres always a way.
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

thanks for the info

im still confused on how people use these things (and also why they use em)

i hate cheating - sure i occasionally cheat on my games, but its only to open up things and make em more playable (ie open all levels on thps2 on gba)

oh well i think im gonna get ver2 today at lunch - i've got ?40 to spend ?20 on pso ver2, ?10 on new vmu, ?5 on keyboard (if i decide to take it online)

i finished shenmue last night so im looking for a new game, although ive still got to finish grandia2, start shenmue2 and record of lodos war

ive also got characters to get on MvC2 and CapVsSNK

then theres the levels to finish on thps2 (not cheatin on the dc version!) and bangai-o

oh well i'll still get it - its nice to have a backlogg of games to look forward to playing!

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------
*[EDIT]*

well ive just got back from lunch with a nice new sealed copy of pso ver2

the guy in the shop was very nice and gave me loads of advice and tips and stuff

when i go online with it (prolly next week) hopefully he'll let me join him in a team and show me the ropes

untill then it'll be a weekend of gettin used to the game!!

YAY im very happy!
:D

(ps aint i good! i used the edit button instead of adding another post! teeheehee :lol: )
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

i swore to myself to never cheat some time ago...and i havent broken the swear since. yay