JGR Tags

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
Mr Spoon
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

JGR Tags

Post by Mr Spoon »

Can anyone please post the exact sizes for the Small, medium and XL JGR tags please and any specific info on creating them, max colours etc :)
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Oh well obviously noone knows :(
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Thanks for help everybody, For anybody thats interested this site has loads of stuff including FAQs on filesize and what size the tags need to be :)
http://www.cootey.com/jetgrindradio.html
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Sorry man, I don't usually check the Screenshots forum - you need to have the pictures as uncompressed jpgs in the following sizes;

small = 128 x 128

medium = 256 x 128

x-large = 512 x 128

they need to be baseline standard or baseline normal - progressive scan ones *DON'T* work, and you can use JPG, JPEG, or JPE as the filename, and they also *MUST* be under 60KB in size

and you can edit the transparencies using the L & R triggers within the games custom Tag menu

To 'grab' the pics from a web browser just press X+A at the same time over a picture, and it will save the picture to your VMU as a PASSPOT_Pxx file (so P00, P01, P02 etc)

ALSO: JSR will only read the contents of a VMU in controller 1 (for whatever reason) so you're probably best off using a dedicated VMU in Slot 2 as those JPG files take up a fair amount of space;

The page you linked to probably says all of this (I didn't check) but if it missed any of that, its there for you now - or for anyone who can't be bothered to check it out for themselves you have all you need to know just here ;)

If you want some templates feel free to use my Nintendo JSR tags available located at this site because the small and extra large ones *definitely* work great (especially with tranparencies enabled) in JSR - The middle sized one is the right size, but I can't remember if I ever used it (I didn't like it much)

And you can ignore my medals at the bottom - you know why they're there if you read *that post* in staff
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

I use photos in JGR and I'm supprised how clear they look in the game. SEGA did a good job with this feature.
Krillin_SA
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Krillin_SA »

check planet DC they've got an excellent link or two somewhere on the site plus cool tag dl's.
boob! cover central - We've gottcha covered!