What Emulator would you most like to see?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What Emulator would you most like to see?

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Ill be honest here i would love to see a Dreamcast Game Boy Advance Enmulator and why because the Game Boy Advance has some of the coolest homebrew stuff that has appeared on any system.

Also id like to see Mess ported to Dreamcast and why may you ask, ill tell u why because it supports that many systems its unbelivable.

Finally id like to see a DC VMu emulator, theres so manty great VMU games but because the vmu uses batterys like no ones buisiness ive never really had the chance to play one.

obviously N64 and psx emus can be took out of this equation, so leave them well away.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

LOL, I have a feeling this topic is gonna end up

I WANT A PS2 EMU AND AN XBOX.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
erise
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by erise »

I'd like to see a Sega CD emulator that acted like a boot disk for real Sega CD games. I don't have any Sega CD games but would buy some if this emulator came out.
jbsuperman2
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

why not N64?

Post by jbsuperman2 »

Why couldn't there be a Nintendo 64 emulator? It would look sweet on Dreamcast and just the idea has fans like me very interested. Why couldn't or shouldn't it be done? I'm a newbie to the whole emu scene so try to be nice.

JB
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

Saturn Emulator. (SatourneDC?)

GBA Emulator. (and not some stupid f u c k ing one that wont play commercial games. who the f u c k thinks that stupid s h i t up?)
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

ATani has already told me many times before that there won't be a GBA emulator ever coming from him for Dreamcast, as he told me it would of still been possible to crack his homebrew only protection.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Re: why not N64?

Post by atf487 »

jbsuperman2 wrote:Why couldn't there be a Nintendo 64 emulator? It would look sweet on Dreamcast and just the idea has fans like me very interested. Why couldn't or shouldn't it be done? I'm a newbie to the whole emu scene so try to be nice.

JB
If you read the FAQ, I'd be nicer. NO N64 EMU's ARE POSSIBLE. NO ONE CAN FIT THE EMU + GAMES INTO THE RAM, OR STREAM IT FROM THE CD, MEANING YOU CAN'T PLAY GAMES... *sigh*

I'd like a saturn (if possible), or scummVM for the later space quest games.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

it's impossible to emulate the N64 and the psx. The dreamcast doesn't have enough power to emulate the N64, and the psx... we have a free compiler but the official devkits generate much more eficient code. Bleemcast really works fine and with better resolution than the original psx but all of non-comercial attempts have failed.

Amiga 500, Atari ST computer, C64,C128, Spectrum ZX(with sound),Sinclair QL, TG16, Amstrad CPC464, CPC6128 could be emulated. Perhaps Saturn and GBA, but much more harder to code.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 »

Amiga... DCUAE I guess it'd be called?

The 'miggy has so many great applications and games, it'd be great to turn your DC into a "minicomputer" using the AmigaOS and a DC mouse/keyboard.

Another cool reason for an Amiga emu, is to view all of those awesome group demos from back in the day. If you like group demos, you HAVE to see the ones created on the Amiga.
madcow3001
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

I know what i want

Post by madcow3001 »

I want a GBA emu that plays commercial games. I would also like to see a Sega Saturn emu. I have a lot of saturn games with a saturn that bit the dust some time ago. I want an app that can playing streaming audio like shoutcast. I want internet radio on my stereo system without hooking my computer up to it.
Madcow3001
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

The VMU emulator would be the most logical one I can think of. I am too cheap to buy the batteries for it so I end up playing games on it by hooking the VMU to 4x AA cells.

I know it is highly unlikely but I would be really amazed if there was an Atari ST emulator on the dremcast. It may even be possible-- 8Mhz, 512KB-4MB RAM and 720KB media shouldn't be impossible to emulate on the DC. I don't know if any of the current PC ST emulators have open source code so that may be a problem.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

I must say I'm pretty happy what we already got. I think homebrew games are the future now. But if we stick to emu's I love to see a Commodore 64 emu. I still hope BigBoy finish it's DC64 one day (please don't forget the Dreamcast fanboys BigBoy!).

And ofcourse an Amiga emu would be very cool too. I just sit and wait here :D!
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
ShadowLinked
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Sega Saturn

Post by ShadowLinked »

A Sega Saturn emulator on the DC would be awesome. Heh, but not likely.
-- Kyle
BOJO5150
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by BOJO5150 »

Well first of all I want to see a fully fuctioning Super Nintendo emulator and Sega Genesis emulator. Yes we have them already but especially dreamSNES really isn't even playable unless you like playing your games at half speed and sound. I really want to see a Game Boy Advance emulator. I really don't care much about homebrew games so I would prefer one that plays commercial games as well as homebrew. N64 would be great. I heard some guy has a fully functional one for the PS2. Unfortunitely he works for a software company and used one of $ony's dev kits so he won't release it. I'm not sure if the dreamcast has enough power to have it work on it.
BOJO5150
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by BOJO5150 »

Now that I think of it I want someone to port David Michel's Magic Engine Emulator to the dreamcast. For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's a Turbo Grafx 16/ PC Engine emulator that plays all hucard games as well as CD, & Super CD games. This way I can sit down and play Castlevania Rondo of Blood in front of the TV again. My turbo duo has long been dead so I've had to play on my PC. I would actually pay to have a fully functional Magic Engine Emulator on the Dreamcast. Someone please port this emulator!
Teddy B.
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Teddy B. »

Why isn't a PSX emulator possible?

I mean, what about Bleamcast?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Realistic things Id like to see:

A CPS1 emulator

a PC Engine / TG16 emulator

Saving support for SMEG would be nice too :D

before anyone else posts for an N64 emu / PSX emu - it is *not* going to happen anytime soon. N64 probably never, PSX if at all will almost certainly run very slowly.

oh, as for GBA emus that play commercial ROMS - IF YOU WANT TO PLAY GBA COMMERCIAL GAMES WHY DONT YOU BUY A GBA????????????
incinerator
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by incinerator »

a gba emulator would be pretty hard, if you ask me. i mean, the gba is more powerful than a snes, and we can't even emulate the snes at full speed on dreamcast yet. but i really don't see why a playstation emulator isn't feasible, if bleem! can do it, then why can't someone else? don't yell at me please, i don't know much =P
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

incinerator wrote:a gba emulator would be pretty hard, if you ask me. i mean, the gba is more powerful than a snes, and we can't even emulate the snes at full speed on dreamcast yet. but i really don't see why a playstation emulator isn't feasible, if bleem! can do it, then why can't someone else? don't yell at me please, i don't know much =P
because bleem was a corporate company with a lot of time, and money on their hands.(money meant to mean the people were getting payed)
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Zeno
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

new emulators for dreamcast

Post by Zeno »

i would like to see the following emulators for dreamcast:

1. amiga 500/600 emulator
2. NEC pc-engine and CD emulator
3. Neo Geo arcade machine emulator

Neo Geo arcade machine might not be possible though...
it should be nice to play amiga games such as:
'ruff n tumble'
'eye of the beholder 2'
and few other old games. :)